Dog Slaughter Falls Trail

Dog Slaughter Falls Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corbin, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

A lot to explore on the way. Great reward with the falls at the end.

There is considerable effort involved in this hike (at least with a toddler and an infant in tow. :) But to me, it's just about the most beautiful, serene places on the planet!

love this trail beautiful

Awesome hike! Absolutely loved every second of it! So much to see on your way to the falls! It's confusing to find so I'll tell you that when you use the directions on here, you will go down a gravel road and on the drivers side be on the look out for a tree marked with red. That's the trail !

Great little hike.

One of my favorites!!

Fantastic hike! Beautiful scenery and only saw 2 other groups on the trail, one on our way to the falls, the other on the way back. Just gorgeous and on the lower end of moderate!

We started at the Cumberland Falls visitors center, The hike was around 3.5 miles one way, so roughly 7 miles to the falls and back. It was beautiful the entire hike but it was not easy. There were lots of stairs and narrow walkways. By the end my legs were killing me! We didn't see anyone else on the trail and for the most part it was clean and well marked. I really enjoyed this trail and would do it again but next time I would start early that way I could take a few breaks along the way, we had to really push ourselves to get back before dark.

Beautiful hike along the river, lots of rock/cave formations along the way, falls are picturesque with a lot of places to sit and eat, and I imagine in the summer it would be a great swimming hole. A note about getting there, if you go using the directions from this site it will take you right to the unmarked parking area, walk about 200 feet away from the road on the well worn trail and you will see a bridge with a sign after it indicating the direction of the trail head.

I love this trail. It's been one of my favorites for years. Its a fairly easy hike with a beautiful destination.

Moderate hike with a great ending

Easy hike with a great view!

Its worth continuing just five more minutes west past the falls to reach the Cumberland River.