Dog Slaughter Falls Trail

Dog Slaughter Falls Trail is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Corbin, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Agree with everyone else on this trail. Nice trail to saunter on and enjoy the scenery all along the way. It is odd that the trail marking ends above the falls. Once you get to the falls area, continue past it and you will find the scramble down. Not easy, but very doable. Note that this trail marking is the later access, and you actually pass the true trailhead to get here. It is not marked on the road, but there are usually vehicles parked here. Just use the GPS markings. The trail, including the scramble down to the falls is 1.5 miles out, making an out and back of 3 miles. I have had this issue a couple times with AllTrails, where the stated distance is not accurate. I believe mainly because it uses too few points to map the trail.

Beautiful trail. From the gravel road to the trail to the waterfall it was beautiful. So much to see on this trail, it is a heavily trafficked trail. The hike is steep and slippery in some places, narrow in other places, with many little creek crossings. Even though this trail is short in length it is a trail to take your time and allow alot of time. Rock formation, swimming holes, and rhododendron covered trail makes this trail one of our favorites. Please watch small children and pets a few places with steep embankments and not much room for error. Very well marked trail until the very end. Happy Hiking!

Great hike. Beautiful rock formations and an awesome waterfall at the end!! We were able to walk down to the falls and actually walk behind the waterfall. A pretty cool perspective! Will definitely come back to this trail.

Loveee this trail! We rated this in our 3 favorite places we've hiked in Kentucky. The drive back to the trail was a little "are we ever gonna make it there?" But once we got there it was no issue! We took off at the bridge trail (shorter than the other trail head) very awesome hike. The river/ creek is beside you on the right the whole way through which was phenomenal. Once you get closer to the falls you may want to keep pets and children away from the ledge. I took my dog and she enjoyed this hike as much as we did. Once you're at the falls there is so much to see! Make sure you look around every where near the actual falls! the view is amazing all around there. Would recommend this hike 10/10. The hike back is a little more strenuous but still not bad at all! Will be going back again!! Enjoy!! And once you're finished with this hike head down to the falls resort and enjoy the views there as well!

Hiked from the first trail head and it was rough. Looks like this part of the trail has not had maintenance in a while. Lots of blow downs and over growth. If you hike this section be prepared to get your feet wet. Starts off nice, but just gets rough. The second part of the trail from the bridge was great! LOVED the waterfall, made it worth it. Decided to hike back to the second trail head and then walked the road to the first trail head where our car was to avoid the mess we had to hike through.

Awesome hike! Beautiful scenery!!!!!

Beautiful out and back hike. Total of 2.2 miles from second trailhead. Cross bridge over creek then follow trail to the right. Several small up and down paths on trail. Wonderful view of the falls at end of trail.
Can continue trail to tha Cumberland river and then on to the Sheltowee trace trail.

This is a beautiful trail and a great waterfall. Super easy and great for kids. Watch the edges along the trail. If your careful, you can walk behind this waterfall.

A great hike today with Adam and pebbles,beautiful waterfalls!!

Could hike this trail many times,the falls was beautiful!!!

Perfect hike all year round!

Another awesome waterfall the Daniel Boone has to offer. Just a small hike off of the Sheltowee or park at the trail head. Awesome trail. A couple of very dangerous drops if you have kids. A lot of water holes along the trail to play in.

It is beautiful right now because its almost totally frozen.

It’s a beautiful hike. It took a little longer than we planned but it was really nice.

This is a nice, moderate hike with a stunning waterfall to reward your 1.1 mile trek out. I went for the first time in mid-November of this year on a cool, crisp morning. The trail is well-traversed and, for the most part, easy to hike. There are a few short stretches with steep and rocky terrain but is otherwise totally doable and easy. Before getting off the highway make sure you tap the location button and open it in your mobile maps app. It will take you to the exact location (the trailhead is tucked away a bit in the woods!)

Hiked this trail with my dog. i chose the second trail head because of time. Entrance is about 2.7 miles on forest road #195, off of hwy 90. The road is gravel and you won’t need a 4 wheel drive. I actually passed up the entrance to the trail, and had to back track and look closely. There is an entrance that is about 0.7 mile off of hwy 90, but this is a longer trail. Today the leaves are covering the trail but it is still fairly easily visualized. Be careful because they are also slick. The trail follows alongside the creek most of the trail. Right before reaching the falls, the trail forked and I followed the right which leads to a dead end but it is very dangerous because it is the top of the cliff that is parallel to the falls. This really needs a caution sign because you could easily slip and fall over this cliff if you aren’t paying close attention!The falls are gorgeous and there are plenty of rocks to climb on and the falls is easy to access and I look forward to hiking this trail again!

Loved this hike.

This hike was beautiful! Definitely worth it to see the falls at the end, however it was a bit strenuous with a child. There are a lot of rocks and steep inclines that could be difficult for young children. Experienced adults should have no problem. I carried my almost 3 year old son in and out and whew, it was rough! Gorgeous, gorgeous rocks and waterfall though!

Great trail moderate work put in for a great reward at the finish very pretty waterfall.

so beautiful! Great hike & the waterfall is a great reward.

This was a great, scenic hike! Perfect for bringing my dog with lots of water for him to jump in to cool off on a hot day. The hike was moderate but not too strenuous and the waterfall at the end was definitely worth it! There were a couple groups of people at the waterfall when we arrived but the rest of the trail was not too busy. The road to the parking area was a dirt road with quite a few pot holes so I would recommend taking a larger suv or car with all wheel drive.

This trail was very strenuous but was a pretty end by the falls. Took a while to go in and back. The trail itself had many stops along the way with a lot of pretty rock formations and shaded spots.

Did this trail yesterday with my husband and lazy 9year old dog. Lots of hills and rocky areas but my dog did it all!!! He was exhausted after but still smiling... we had the falls to ourselves it was so peaceful and worth the trip. The directions took us right to the starting point for the 2 mile hike it's a long gravel road...take the trail to the left go over the bridge you'll see a sign

Sign says 1 mile , well maintained , do get your directions saved , no service in the area . The road is not marked or the trail head . Very beautiful hike with towering cliffs along the way .

Beautiful hike and falls. Would recommend but note it is a long hike. We hiked 1 to 12 from Cumberland Falls. About 8 miles round trip.

Absolutely love this hike! Just enough inclines and declines to get your heart pumping. But DEFINITELY worth the hike to the falls. They're stunning.

Beautiful hike, out and back, with a swim in the fall's pool. Easy to follow path that is aptly rated as a moderate. Will gladly do this one again. Apparently, there is a 4 mi and a 2mi hike. I believe I drove to the farthest one from the pavement and ended at the 2mi hike.

beautiful trail amazing views and the falls does not disappoint took my 2 year olds and I had to pack them at a few points but the did most of the work on their own

Hiked this with our 4, 6, and 18 year olds. Beautiful hike. Brought swimming suits. However the water was so cold that only my husband and 18 year old went under the falls. The littles waded in the stream finding crayfish. We had a picnic on one of the big rocks for lunch. Awesome hike with lots of rock formations and beautiful stream. Will definitely go back someday.

It took us about an hour to get to the falls from the forestry road trail head. Beautiful area.