Cumberland Falls Number Two Trail

Cumberland Falls Number Two Trail is a 6.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is the Cumberland River Loop trail. The trailhead begins at the cul-de-sac of the park's picnic area. However, park at the visitor's center lot, as this the termination of the 6.3 mile loop. Great hike. Nice river rocks along the banks offer a great place to eat lunch.

nice hike,seen one copperhead and ALOT of ticks.Didn't run into any other hikers till we got onto trail 1 then the trail was pretty busy up to the falls.

This was a pretty hike. A lot of up and down parts where your knees can bother you for days after the fact but a beautiful hike.

Best advice for any of these trails I can give is to buy a trail map at the gift shop (they are only $1.00). This is a Difficult trail; these trails are not for those with limited mobility or poor physical health. You start on the moonbow trail (trail 1) next to Cumberland Falls and follow the river.From where trail 2 starts, which you pass the first time to get to dog slaughter falls, its pretty rough terrain, but worth the trip. There were times I had to take my rucksack off and crawl over some boulders or drop my rucksack down a sharp drop, especially right before getting to Dog Slaughter falls. Once there, you can swim beneath the falls and there is a fire pit there you camp down at. Going up trail 2 is steep and from there, you can decide which path you want to take to get back to Cumberland Falls. For this trail, you take the path the sign directs you too, getting on trail 11 (then 7 then 12 which leads back to your starting point).

Always beautiful

This trail was very pretty. A couple small waterfalls that you're able to see from the trail. One you actually go behind it and can put your head in to cool off if you want. We actually camped off the trail for 2 nights and during our trip went to dog slaughter falls and we absolutely loved that. Definitely a must (dog slaughter falls) if you're in the area.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

We have done a lot of the trails around Cumberland Falls, this particular route is a little confusing. It switches trail numbers a lot. It is beautiful and enjoyed going up to the fire tower, hadn't been there in many years. We didn't go to Dog Slaughter because the lack of rain means Dog Slaughter Falls wouldn't have had any water falling. Cumberland Falls is always beautiful and one of my all time favorite spots.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

biggest water fall I've ever seen. breathtaking! trail can be slick so wear good boots

Monday, November 07, 2016

Very nice trail to some beautiful falls. Have been there a few times. Have never seen the moon bow.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Incredible waterfall!!

Monday, September 05, 2016

Very beautiful trail, would definitely recommend it to anyone who enjoys hiking.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

This trail is more of a moderate plus. There are lots of elevation changes 742 ft to 1381 feet. Lots of up the hill and down the hill. Very rocky and slippery when wet. Hiking poles are a necessity when hiking in wet conditions. You need to be in good shape to do this trail. Do the trail counter clockwise. The first half of the trail is all woods and not much scenery. the second part parallels the river and comes up from down river of the falls. Bring plenty of water!

Friday, July 08, 2016

We stayed at the Ridgeline campground at took the trail from the campground (I think it is 5) down to trail 2. This was an interesting trek through the woods. It was not scenic as others in the area, but connected to the falls viewing area. My kids were looking forward to connecting to more scenic trails.

Monday, July 04, 2016

There were several parts of the trail that appeared washed out. It was a great hike with some cool rock features right along the river. Calling it trail 2 seems a little deceiving. It's a combo of several different trails. I would recommend going early in the morning or early evening in the summer. The heat and humidity can get pretty intense.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Amazingly beautiful!

Sunday, June 19, 2016

Beautiful..... Loved it... Will definitely be back. Went with my son and our lab mix, only regret is that we could not stay long enough to explore more.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Easy wall to see the falls

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Well developed, more of a paved walked than much of a trail. At the end there's a gift shop, and a really good ice cream shop (seriously, try the ice cream here). The views are spectacular, though, so I highly recommend this trail. Recently, some Red Bull athletes went over the falls in their kayaks.

Tuesday, March 01, 2016

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Amazing area with lots to climb on

Sunday, August 16, 2015

It was real nice and very beautiful. Have a nice gift shop and information center about falls and surrounding areas.

Sunday, April 12, 2015

pretty and easy hike. lovely scenery. enjoy the gift shop panning for gold the children's playground and the views.

Monday, December 02, 2013

A great hike with breathtaking scenery. Will hike again.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

we basically did it backwards starting at the gift shop and proceeding along using trail #1 for about 2 miles and then turning right on trail #2. then up the hill, past the ranger station and onto hwy 90 for about a 10th of a mile and then back onto the trail over the hill and to the river than following the river back to the picnic area. we saw quite a few people on the trail but few of them were doing the entire trail #2 route. there are several shortcuts that you can take and I would recommend getting a map from the gift shop before you head out, but according to the ranger at the visitor center, the trail #2 loop is a little over 7 miles from the visitor center back to the visitor center again. there is quite a bit of up and down and 1 really big hill this way to up right where #2 cuts off of #1 but it is a really good trailer. we plan to go back soon and combine some of the shorter trails into a long walk.

Monday, June 24, 2013

This is such a beautiful trail and a gorgeous park in general! There is so much stunning scenery and rock formations and waterfalls here that it is honestly breathtaking. I drive over four hours to get here, and even though I only got to spend five hours hiking before I had to drive back home, it was beyond worth it. Plus they have trails for different skill levels. I highly recommend this park!

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

An easy hike at the waterfall touted as "The Niagera Falls of the South", which is the only waterfall I know that has a moon-bow (rainbow at night) each month during the full moon nights. The falls are pretty, and there is plenty to do with the family, easy parking and for the more adventures Eagle Falls is just up the road a bit and takes you along the opposite side of the river. Even in August this waterfall was a beast!!

Friday, January 04, 2013

If you like waterfalls, you'll love this trail! Just be careful not to fall in. I slipped into the water once and thought I might go down the falls!!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I completed this trail this passed Saturday. A drive from Alabama it was beautiful. The trail was like hiking through different seasons. Beautiful!

Monday, June 04, 2012

The 5 of us completed this one this morning. A lot longer than we thought, but what an amazing hike. Some many different looks along the way.

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Just completed this trail and it was great. 4 waterfalls were on the trail. Spectacular!