Coral Ridge Loop

Coral Ridge Loop is a 2.7 mile loop trail located near Hollyvilla, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great flat trail that you can continously run on. I was over there last week and someone pulled all the location markers. I emailed the city of Louisville and they reassured me the markers would be replaced so hopefully they have been.

This is a great trail for a short but interesting trail run, I only wish it were longer. There are some nice elevation changes and the trail is free of roots and rocks. My gps showed 2.7 miles from the parking lot and back. There are some options for adding distance by picking up other loops or the Yost Ridge.

A moderate physical exertion with many twists, turns, and elevation changes. If you're in good enough shape you could jog it. I'm not. Just beautiful and only 25 minute drive from Louisville.

Nice hour-long walk along a forested ridge. Not a lot of variety in the scenery, but plenty of shade and some wildlife.

Well-marked, wide trail that's shared with horses, though it was pretty clean when I visited. There's a little creek and park benches by the parking area.

Connects to the longer Yost trail.

Oh, and I saw a turtle. :)

One of my dog and mines' favorite trails to run on.There is a creek near the parking lot for him to splash in and cool off. This is one of the trails that horses are allowed on. The people who maintain the trail do a nice job at keeping it clean.

Saturday, February 04, 2017