Cherokee Park Trail

Cherokee Park Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dirt trail throughout Cherokee Park. The best entrance is at the fountain on the scenic loop.

Good trails. Lots of roots. Park at the fountain.

Nice quick trails for a short break from the city

Very enjoyable run. A lot of forks which meant I had to periodically double check my route, but no complaints besides that.

great recreational park

Cherokee Park is a pretty great place to bring your kids and dog highly recommended if you're looking for a moderate Trail for some family fun

A busy city park that’s convenient for locals to get in some trail time without heading out of town.

Mountain bikers, dog walkers, and other hikers are very common on this trail.

Next time I visit I'm definitely wearing my running clothes.

I hike the trails of Cherokee park 3-4 times a week. Easy to navigate and a good workout. Trails are well marked and easy to get back on track if you take a smaller, less used path. Since the park is in the city, you really can't get lost. It's a beautiful park y'all.

Rockie, technical and a lot of exposed roots

Great mountain biking and hiking trail right in the city.

My husband just bought hiking boots, so we chose this hike in our backyard to break them in. Some of the trail heads were hard to follow, but the map helped a lot to make sure we were on track. A goof first hike, a little less than 2 hours at a moderate pace and took some time to stare at deer in the woods.

Amazing

such a awesome place good for everyone so much to do and lots of trail options. almost always full of activity.

Cherokee Park is beautiful. This trail, however, made for the most confusing hike I've ever been on. There are no markers. And every tenth of a mile, another trail or shortcut intersects the main one, making it incredibly difficult to navigate.

Cherokee Park is beautiful. It's very clean and perfect for those looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of downtown Louisville. However, the trails were not marked well. There were several occasions where different trails would meet up at a certain spot and it's up to you to decide which path to take. I was unsure if most of the 4.8 mile hike I ended up doing was on the correct trail. This being said, the trails are well kept and it's a pretty hike.

Great trails. Need to be marked better. I got turned around a couple of times due to following an old track on here. Several places the track had overgrown so I kept having to backtrack. I didn't finish the whole track I was following only about 4 miles of it. Still it was absolutely fantabulous.

Sunday, March 26, 2017

It's a nice trail if you want something easy. Beautiful park.

Thursday, February 16, 2017

The best of the best as far as urban parks go. Go here to walk, run, bike, play with your dog, frisbee, picnic... whatever! One of my favorite places in Louisville.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Good trail, moderate level for sure. Some confusion at times as I mapped the route provided by AllTrails and yet I got off course a few times, although I was always on SOME trail. Ended up with 5.6 miles total. Nice trail if you don't want to drive out of the city.

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Great run!

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Great walk,run or hike in the middle of the city. Great place to get away from the busy life and enjoy some peace and quiet.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Nice hiking near the highlands!

Wednesday, July 06, 2016

This park screams positivity! Great strangers, easy to moderate trails. All around a pleasure!

Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Simple. nice and for those not used to hiking. Lots of bikers and runners.

Friday, June 03, 2016

great park located close to city center. the trail is very well kept thanks to the local mountain bike group (KYMBA). For mountain biking, it is a decent trail and you can easily average a 10-12 mph average for the approximate 10 mile loop. Great place to take the dog for a hike as well.

Saturday, March 26, 2016

I run it all the time. Great trail. Can be a little muddy in early spring.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Cherokee Park is probably one of the best municipal parks we have encountered. there are numerous off beat dirt paths, paved walking routes and plenty of areas for hiking, biking, running or just going out for a picnic in the woods.

Wednesday, March 09, 2016

Love the trails

Saturday, July 04, 2015

Great trail! The scenic route is a 2.6 mile loop on pavement. Great mix of uphill and downhill with flat spots in between. The hills are often low grades, not steep. Great mix of people as well, some walking with dogs, some running, some biking, and some rollerblading. Located next to a golf course, very quiet!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

My usual trail running keeps me in the Rockies, but as I was in the Upper Midwest I thought it would be interesting to run in these surroundings. The woods and trail are similar to those I've run in Memphis' delta river area. You will run under thick canopy and soft ground as you meander around hardwood and pine forests. In you have time while you're in Louisville I would highly recommend this trail.