Cherokee Park Trail is a 5.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

Dirt trail throughout Cherokee Park. The best entrance is at the fountain on the scenic loop.

Dope

Street hike

Depends on what you’re looking for. This trail had nice scenery, especially when I went in the fall. I can’t say much else for it though. There was a lot of trash and people. Add that to the noise from the interstate and other traffic and it wasn’t ideal. Good for a walk if you’re in the area but not for me.

Nice park. Trails definitely run close to the road, but pretty nonetheless.

Great park definitely worth a visit.

Beautiful scenery!! Trail was a slight challenge, which I love!

great exercise, obviously will hear traffic at points but it's in the city, watch out for mountain bikers. I'll be doing this trail again

Great for a quick loop to get some exercise while in town.

Not too technical. Well traveled by people and Dogs. Some dogs are not on lead FYI. They were all friendly dogs!

best mountain bike trails in Louisville

Nice compacted trail! Few hills and things to navigate but worth the trip!

Awesome park.....so many different trails. My dog loves it

Cherokee is a great run and/or mountain bike ride... it does spit you out on to paved roads lol.. so you cross the road and pu the trail and keep moving. The park has a lot to offer

Dirt trails are impossible to find and navigate, and they constantly spit you back out on the paved road. You can hear cars the whole time.

Good trails. Lots of roots. Park at the fountain. Fun ride. One of our favorites.

Nice quick trails for a short break from the city

Very enjoyable run. A lot of forks which meant I had to periodically double check my route, but no complaints besides that.

Friday, November 24, 2017

great recreational park

Sunday, October 15, 2017

Cherokee Park is a pretty great place to bring your kids and dog highly recommended if you're looking for a moderate Trail for some family fun

Friday, October 06, 2017

A busy city park that’s convenient for locals to get in some trail time without heading out of town.

Mountain bikers, dog walkers, and other hikers are very common on this trail.

Friday, September 22, 2017

Next time I visit I'm definitely wearing my running clothes.

Monday, September 04, 2017

I hike the trails of Cherokee park 3-4 times a week. Easy to navigate and a good workout. Trails are well marked and easy to get back on track if you take a smaller, less used path. Since the park is in the city, you really can't get lost. It's a beautiful park y'all.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Rockie, technical and a lot of exposed roots

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Great mountain biking and hiking trail right in the city.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

My husband just bought hiking boots, so we chose this hike in our backyard to break them in. Some of the trail heads were hard to follow, but the map helped a lot to make sure we were on track. A goof first hike, a little less than 2 hours at a moderate pace and took some time to stare at deer in the woods.

Sunday, August 13, 2017

Amazing

Sunday, July 30, 2017

such a awesome place good for everyone so much to do and lots of trail options. almost always full of activity.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Cherokee Park is beautiful. This trail, however, made for the most confusing hike I've ever been on. There are no markers. And every tenth of a mile, another trail or shortcut intersects the main one, making it incredibly difficult to navigate.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Cherokee Park is beautiful. It's very clean and perfect for those looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of downtown Louisville. However, the trails were not marked well. There were several occasions where different trails would meet up at a certain spot and it's up to you to decide which path to take. I was unsure if most of the 4.8 mile hike I ended up doing was on the correct trail. This being said, the trails are well kept and it's a pretty hike.