Cherokee Park Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(361)
Cherokee Park

Cherokee Park Trail is a 7.7 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, Kentucky that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 7.7 km Elevation Gain: 120 m Route Type: Loop

partially paved

As of May 2020, the scenic loop is closed to car traffic due to COVID-19. Dirt trail throughout Cherokee Park. The best entrance is at the fountain on the scenic loop.

Really not a place to hike. Cherokee is a beautiful city park but the trails are not marked , are not secluded (you can see the road frequently), and there are a ton of mountain bikers. Also note that the scenic loop is closed to cars during COVID so parking might be tough.

Definitely a great trail for riding not so much hiking

There are no signs and since it was my first time I had to stop and check my phone what felt like every quarter mile. I’m new to train running but I feel like a couple signs would be a good addition. Pretty nice for an urban trail. Some nice bikers and some not so nice bikers, but overall a good local track

Trail winds and connects with other trails and is not marked at all. Even though you're walking through the woods there is little to no separation from other people in the park.

washed out in a lot of places, so a lot of tree roots, and a lot of walking the bike. We didn’t get to finish because a seasoned biker told us that part of the trail was unsafe. (We’re beginners) But we had a lot of fun.

Beautiful park - but the trail is extremely hard to follow. Zero signage and way too crowded for me.

Good MTB trail. Many fun technical sections. Kind of hard to follow first time.

Love this park. Walking it is awesome and the bike trails are amazing.

Good trail for run definitely. I enjoy it a lot.

Fun trail to hike/run. Took a wrong turn and ended up using my maps to locate my car. I will return to figure out when I zigged and should have zagged.

Much agreement with other reviews. Decent for being smack in the city (highway noise is still present while in the timber!) and enough variety and ups & downs to satisfy when one is obliged to be in Louisville. Given the urban setting, this was a quite decent stretch of the legs and a good way to pass a couple of hours.

Not a bad trail for being smack dab in the middle of the city. Unfortunately lots of trash left along the trail way, and it is heavily trafficked. However, if you’re jonesing for a hike and you can’t get outta town, this one will certain suffice. It’s nice to have Beargrass Creek run near the trail much of the way, for aesthetics.

Great trail. Saw a few awesome trail bikes that I would love to try. If the trails are new to you, definitely will need to check the trail map.

Loud traffic noises, poorly signed. Clear trail.

Not nearly enough signs to make it through without using this app, which unless you know the way already requires frequent stops to check a map which ruins the flow. theres also a lot of road noise in places and following the loop requires a few street crossings. overall the trail is moderate difficulty but has a couple really hard spots...not my fav

recorded Cherokee Park Trail

bridge out

Wish the trails were labeled but this app got me through perfectly!! There is one spot where you run into some construction and have to take a cut through. My recording shows the cut through. My pup did amazing and the trails were very nice!

I really enjoyed this trail, but it is not very well marked. Many other trails criss cross so it was confusing at times. Happy to have the app so I knew where I was. The trail Is well kept and well traveled. I’ll definitely do it again and explore the other trails around it.

Okay over all easy trail. While it is not a complaint of the trail itself but of the people... Please, keep your dogs on their leashes, please. I saw at least six dogs wondering around, became very worried, only to hear a man or a woman in the distance shout for their dog to come back. Leashes folks. But back to the trail. I liked the mixture of paved and dirt options you can take, views of wildflowers, a few small hills, it was a great afternoon! I would not recommend going on the dirt trails during times of strong or recent heavy rain.