Cherokee Park Trail

Cherokee Park Trail is a 5.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Louisville, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Dirt trail throughout Cherokee Park. The best entrance is at the fountain on the scenic loop.

Next time I visit I'm definitely wearing my running clothes.

I hike the trails of Cherokee park 3-4 times a week. Easy to navigate and a good workout. Trails are well marked and easy to get back on track if you take a smaller, less used path. Since the park is in the city, you really can't get lost. It's a beautiful park y'all.

Rockie, technical and a lot of exposed roots

Great mountain biking and hiking trail right in the city.

My husband just bought hiking boots, so we chose this hike in our backyard to break them in. Some of the trail heads were hard to follow, but the map helped a lot to make sure we were on track. A goof first hike, a little less than 2 hours at a moderate pace and took some time to stare at deer in the woods.

Amazing

such a awesome place good for everyone so much to do and lots of trail options. almost always full of activity.

Cherokee Park is beautiful. This trail, however, made for the most confusing hike I've ever been on. There are no markers. And every tenth of a mile, another trail or shortcut intersects the main one, making it incredibly difficult to navigate.

Cherokee Park is beautiful. It's very clean and perfect for those looking to escape from the hustle and bustle of downtown Louisville. However, the trails were not marked well. There were several occasions where different trails would meet up at a certain spot and it's up to you to decide which path to take. I was unsure if most of the 4.8 mile hike I ended up doing was on the correct trail. This being said, the trails are well kept and it's a pretty hike.