Central Hardwoods Trail is a 15.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Cadiz, Kentucky that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 15.8 miles Elevation Gain: 1,190 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Always have a great time running this trail. Very glad that it’s close by to where I live.

Only walked one mile with the kids but it was a nice pretty wooded walk.

Great Trail for Biking or running, but not great for hiking. It has no lookout spots or scenic spots. A very basic trail. Runs along the interstate so not peaceful either. The streams were dry and not much animal life.

Easy does not mean good. This trail came up under hiking and was far from a hiking trail. Entirely gravel, the 3.5 miles I made it into the trail was lackluster. Slight elevation change and the occasional change in rock type was the only interesting thing about the trail. If correctly labeled, this trail is a predominantly wooded moderate walking, easy mountain biking trail. I say easy mountain biking because some chick rode by me on an electric bike with no shocks. All in all this trail is confused about what it wants to be. At the trailhead, the sign says "Scenic Trail". It was monotonous and repetitive. There were trees down across the trail in several spots too high to cross with a bike, making it dangerous to bikers. There was also overganging trees with dead limbs barely hanging on ready to fall, making it dangerous for walkers. Just not interesting enough to complete. Turned around halfway because the pain of blisters from Canal Loop trail made the monotony not worth pushing through...

Hike this trail regularly, and have biked from one end to the other and back. Great trail.

Excellent trail! I was able to drag my daughter behind my bike in her wee hoo. This is the first “off-road” adventure I could really take her on, because of the turning radius. Some parts are steep, but they seem to only be in short sections. Long gradual climbs will get you legs burning pulling a trailer, but overall this is a very easy rolling trail. I will be back!

20 miler was awesome!

Best trail for trail running in the park!!! Highly recommend.

Trees down that you have to cross, but it's a very easy walk. Lots of spiderwebs to the face, but it nice and lush with foliage.

Walked from fenton trailhead to english hill trailhead. 2 miles out & back. Bathroom house. Nice crushed limestone trail. Few places patched up with bigger gravel. All wooded. Seen walkers, runners, & bikers. Found a geocache. Pokemon go-pokestop on each end that is on the edge of the road. Few pokemon along the way.

We go here very often. I think this is my wife's favorite trail. Wider than most trails, and dont think you'll run into any roots on this trail, it is fairly smooth except for some ruts from heavy rains

Thu Apr 18 2019

I've ridden and hiked this trail for years with my wife and would recommend it. Trailheads every couple of miles and at the Golden Pond Visitors Center make for easy access.

Sat Mar 16 2019

Hiked from Fenton Trailhead to Golden Pond Trailhead. Well kept. Shaded. Great hike with our dog. Watch for mountain bikers.

Mon Nov 19 2018

I jogged a few miles alone today and felt very safe, stayed on the asphalt from the Sunset Inn trailhead to the bridge. Love this entire trail system and would recommend!

Sat Jun 30 2018

Great trail for kids. It is broken into sections to allow for short or long hikes One of our favorite trails.

Sat Mar 24 2018

Awesome trail I ride this trail several times a month!!

Sun Jan 07 2018

OK hiking. Lot's of bikers but they are pretty polite and good about calling out their presence. Great for running since it is a pretty smooth surface overall. I use this trail routinely.

Thu Nov 30 2017

Nice hike with the pup.

Tue Oct 03 2017

Beautiful trail, will definitely revisit this one.

Tue Sep 12 2017

I look forward to mountain biking it which may be the way to best way to experience this trail. The nearby shooting range changes everything while hiking .

Thu Mar 30 2017

Groomed chat trail, challenging at times.

Sun Feb 26 2017

Easy bike trail and hikes

Sat Sep 03 2016

Nice trail and not too busy, even for a holiday weekend. Enjoyed this trail!

Mon Aug 22 2016

I mountain biked this trail a few years back. Very pretty area. The trail was well kept, and made for a nice ride.

Sat Jan 02 2016