Cedar Sink Trail

Cedar Sink Trail is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Park City, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding.

cave

had a blast on this trail. it was me and 2 friends with 6 kids (8, 6, 6, 5, 2, 1) we had a great time! loved the side trails! we ended up hiking 3 miles since we explored all the side trails. (all the kids walked the entire thing except the 1 yr old. i had her in a carrier the entire time)

Very pretty little walk through the woods. Nice, well kept trail. Very neat scenery with the sink hole, flowing water, rock overhangs, and side trails. All of Mammoth Cave is pet friendly including this trail. Trail is great for dogs. There are two stair cases one of which is perfect for dogs however the other is only suitable for large dogs due to the gaps in steps. We carried out little dog up those couple of steps. Worth your time if you are near by!

Beautiful spring time trail.
Lots of stairs.
Trails are wide enough to walk side by side. I could easily spend a lot of time in the sink. Very peaceful location.

A beautiful springtime hike!

wildflowers are always great here, going into the caves is a big no no.

I recommend going off trail and crawling through the caves. Free passage into mammoth cave.

Beautiful area. lots of steps but not really hard, maybe moderate. There is a side trail at the bottom which I highly recommend you take to see the large overhangs.

Beautiful. Would love to see it in the Spring.

Quick and easy, nicely marked trail.

This was a fairly easy hike until the stairs. The sink area is interesting, but if you don't have a lot of time, I recommend sticking to the hikes in Mammoth Cave near the visitor's center. I enjoyed them a lot more.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Short but beautiful. The trail descends, then there are a lot of stairs that make this easier trail a little bit more challenging, but you can stop and take in your surroundings, then continue.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

it was a short trail, very easy trail but lots of steps. very scenic and lots of places to explore off trail!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The trail is short, but deep. If I were teaching geography, I'd love to take my students on this trail!