Cedar Sink Trail

Cedar Sink Trail is a 1.8 mile out and back trail located near Park City, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

I really don't know how to rate the hike. I wasn't impressed with the view. It's basically downhill going and uphill coming back. However, it's not too difficult. My son and I went counter clockwise at the loop and we had to climb the metal steps so if you don't like climbing a few steps at one time, do the loop clockwise and you should do better.

pretty trail, very maintained, very easy.

Very unique trail!

Easy trail to hike, interesting geology. Very pretty.

Great variety of wildflowers

Just meh.

super easy trail to hike

Different trail then the others. Very pretty in the fall & some interesting sites along this hike.

A fun must-see feature if you're visiting Mammoth Cave! Trail has enough grade to provide a bit of a workout without being obnoxious, and has some excellent scenery in the bottom of the sink. We took the right side of the loop and went counterclockwise. This delayed the appearance of some of the better views, and is probably the best way to do it. Grade in is downhill, with the steepest part being exiting the sink. Several sets of steel stairs there, so footing/safety isn't a problem. Would do it again!

easy trail for adults may be challenging for young children under 8 because of the stairs. not much to see at the beginning however it's relaxing and as you go further it surprises you. loved this trail was a fun walk.

Really unique hike to see a sinkhole where a subterranean river makes a brief appearance before going back underground. Lots of stairs, and may not be suitable for those afraid of heights.

Great in the spring

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Fun, short trail. More strenuous then I thought. Interesting terrian.

Saturday, June 17, 2017

had a blast on this trail. it was me and 2 friends with 6 kids (8, 6, 6, 5, 2, 1) we had a great time! loved the side trails! we ended up hiking 3 miles since we explored all the side trails. (all the kids walked the entire thing except the 1 yr old. i had her in a carrier the entire time)

Monday, April 17, 2017

Very pretty little walk through the woods. Nice, well kept trail. Very neat scenery with the sink hole, flowing water, rock overhangs, and side trails. All of Mammoth Cave is pet friendly including this trail. Trail is great for dogs. There are two stair cases one of which is perfect for dogs however the other is only suitable for large dogs due to the gaps in steps. We carried out little dog up those couple of steps. Worth your time if you are near by!

Thursday, April 06, 2017

Beautiful spring time trail.
Lots of stairs.
Trails are wide enough to walk side by side. I could easily spend a lot of time in the sink. Very peaceful location.

Monday, April 03, 2017

A beautiful springtime hike!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

wildflowers are always great here, going into the caves is a big no no.

Monday, March 06, 2017

I recommend going off trail and crawling through the caves. Free passage into mammoth cave.

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Beautiful area. lots of steps but not really hard, maybe moderate. There is a side trail at the bottom which I highly recommend you take to see the large overhangs.

Sunday, January 01, 2017

Beautiful. Would love to see it in the Spring.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Quick and easy, nicely marked trail.

Monday, June 27, 2016

This was a fairly easy hike until the stairs. The sink area is interesting, but if you don't have a lot of time, I recommend sticking to the hikes in Mammoth Cave near the visitor's center. I enjoyed them a lot more.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Short but beautiful. The trail descends, then there are a lot of stairs that make this easier trail a little bit more challenging, but you can stop and take in your surroundings, then continue.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

it was a short trail, very easy trail but lots of steps. very scenic and lots of places to explore off trail!

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The trail is short, but deep. If I were teaching geography, I'd love to take my students on this trail!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

I was not expecting what I found at the end of the trail, it's unreal! One word though, stairs!

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Much better than I thought it would be. Short, quick, but goes down into the sink area. I particularly liked the segment of the (mostly) underground river.

Thursday, November 05, 2015

This is one of the best hikes for spring wildflowers. Try and go in April and you will see many of them. It's a beautiful sight.

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Better than expected and a must do if your in the area. Not too far of a hike, but entering and exiting the sink area itself has a lot of steps and would be considered moderately strenuous. Nonetheless, water-filled sinkholes, rocky cliffs, and caves make it all worthwhile, although the caves are not accessible. Well maintained trail, however exploring off the trail near the sink can be very slippery especially if the ground is damp.