Bee Rock Trail

Bee Rock Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Somerset, Kentucky that features a great forest setting. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

we read the reviews and people were saying start out at the campground area. I though we did but soon realized we actually did not. the first mile or was all uphill, overgrown, and boring. Like all the other reviews, as soon as you get the cave it gets great! I do have to say, they need more signs on this trail. We counted 2 in total and that was only mile markers. They need on pointing to the lookout because we got lost for a split second. If I hiked this trail again, I would definitely start at the campground side and once got to the top of the cave area, I would turn around. The 2 miles, in my opinion is not worth the very few scenic areas.

Great little trail. Beautiful views, rock formations, cliffs, caves and had a cute dog join us for part of the hike.

We couldn't get very far on trail. Completely over grown with a lot of poison ivy! May try again in the fall or spring.

It's one of my favorites.
If you go to the 2nd trail entrance further in the park, if offers better views.

Be prepared, trail is overgrown in several parts and will expose you to ticks! Make sure you take the necessary precautions against ticks before travelling.
Now to the rest of the trail. The beginning is all uphill as others have stated and doesn't really get interesting until halfway through. However, the overlook, flowering plants, and amazing cave that you pass through is completely worth the effort.

Great trail for a family hike!

I agree with another reviewer, that the 1st part is ALL up hill, but the waterfall inside the cave is really cool. My gripe with the trail is that it's not the best marked trail. But, would I do it do it again? You bet!

Fun! A lot of beautiful scenery, ticks are bad.

This trail is very deceptive. The first 3/4 of a mile is pretty ordinary and all up hill. Do not I repeat DO NOT give up. Amazing scenery awaits. There is a couple beautiful waterfalls and an amazing look out just off trail. From the look out you can see the river and forest. As you wind down the hill the trail disappeared into a huge cave. Falling from the ceiling was an amazing waterfall INSIDE THE CAVE!!! This trail does not disappoint. And was easy enough for my 5 year old to make it. Take water and snacks make this shirt 2.5 mile hike an all day or at least take your time and soak it all in.

If you start at the camp grounds the cave water fall is about 3/4 of a mile up the trail which is much easier. Also no cell reception.

We went to Bee Rock to hike this trail, but lost service so we didn't have GPS directions to find this particular trail. We did however find Trail 529, it was a 2 mile Hike, there and back and led up the mountain on the Pulaski Co side to an amazing overlook. We highly recommend this hike, although it was a little strenuous uphill to get there, but an easy hike downhill on the way back. The view is well worth the uphill hike.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

It was a great trail lots of cliffs and mysterious caves!! A must see if you are in the area!