Bear Creek Falls [CLOSED]

Bear Creek Falls [CLOSED] is a 1.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mount Victory, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until November. Horses are also able to use this trail.

closed

Aug 2017- You CAN NOT get to this trail. There is a downed tree and the trail is way over grown. Beautiful waterfalls and river views. North end of the Nathan McClure Trail.

You CAN NOT get to this trail. There is a downed tree and the trail is way over grown. I'm 5'3" and it was well over my height. It needs maintenance if anyone is going to hike it. VERY disappointed when I went today to hike.

That's exactly what happened to me today couldn't fine that waterfall and there was a tree blocking the road.
But later on I will go back.

While in Kentucky, I decided to spend a few hours taking a hike. Since I have read about the nice parks and waterfalls in the area, I decided to try this one. Unfortunately, I was by myself and knew there were bears in the area. (I am from Maryland; and where I live, there are no bears.) So, I selected a trail from AllTrails that said it was "moderately trafficked". That made me feel a bit more comfortable knowing others may be around, especially on a Sunday. I followed the directions provided from the app. It led me down an unpaved, one-lane road into the woods. I was feeling a bit uncomfortable and was hoping I would eventually come to a parking area. There were no signs along the way, directing me to the trail head. After a 1.5 hour trip, with 4 minutes to go, there was a tree down across the "road." I had to turn around (carefully) and head back. Not once did I see cars or people in the "moderately trafficked" trail area. I have heard from others that the directions on AllTrails does not take you to the trailhead, nor are the trails clearly marked. Maybe you need to be familiar with the area. Or maybe the state parks in other states are not the same as in Maryland, which are clearly marked. I am very disappointed that all I have to show for a nice waterfall hike, is a sign of the Daniel Boone National Forest....

This is a beautiful waterfall and it is an easy hike from where we started. There are several ways in to it from the Nathan McClure trail. The entire Nathan McClure trail is 14 miles long and this is on the North end of the trail. You will be able to drive almost to it. So worth all the trouble we went through to find it.