Bark Camp Trail

Bark Camp Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail has everything- well marked path, scenic river to follow, & breathtaking cascades in the end. This is an all time favorite of mine since childhood! It is the perfect length for a few hours of day hiking. The scenery will keep you in awe for the hike’s entirety.

One of the local favorites. Especially in the summertime. The trail head is hard to find if your not familiar with it. A lot of high walls, rock formations and water scenery on this trail. Especially in the winter time. A lot of icicles and frozen water falls, in the colder weather, make for some very cool pics. But the end is the true reward. Awesome tiered waterfalls with wading pools on each level. Great family outing trail.

one of my favorites!

Get hike! Maybe a little too strenuous for children but overall a gorgeous area.

Wonderful hike along a creek with plenty to look at.

great hike today. beautiful.

This is a great trail. There are no vistas but the opportunity to walk behind two waterfalls is just as good. They weren't large falls but still nice to see. Pretty well maintained but there are a few downed trees you have to negotiate over or under. I had to barrel roll over one.

Very nice hike with wonderful scenery. There were two large waterfalls (20+ feet high), and the cascades at the bottom were beautiful. I did a little bouldering at the bottom, there are some gigantic rocks there! Be careful though, I fell in the creek!!!

This was a somewhat difficult hike I thought. Very beautiful views!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

This was our first time on this trail and we only went about halfway. Really enjoyed walking along the cliff face and being close to the rock formations starting at the very beginning of the trail. The trail sign has been removed and we accidentally started on the other side of the stream until we realized our mistake. The trailhead starts right at the gravel turn off.

This was also our first time to use this app which was very helpful and accurate in finding the pull off at the trailhead. Because we had set it to "Record" mode I was able to see pretty quickly that we were off the trail. Using this feature we were able to find the trail and get back on track.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Very nice hike

Thursday, May 19, 2016

One of the best hikes around here. A little more physically demanding but very rewarding hike.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Great , best part is the last down by the Cumberland River

Monday, March 28, 2016

Awesome trail and only minutes from my house. Moderate strenuous trail with some steep up and downs, but over all a great trail for most weekend hikers. The trail has recently been cleared of most of the downed trees and brush. There are two decent seasonal waterfalls that the trail pass under and don't miss the cascades near the river.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hiked this trail to the cascades today. It can be challenging in places, but is worth every minute of it. The hike is beautiful, and the cascades are breathtaking.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Absolutely beautiful trail.

Monday, August 04, 2014

The best trail in the area, my favorite trail fairly easy. Beatifull scenery

Saturday, May 10, 2014

This is one of my favorite trails! Easy hike, gorgeous scenery!