Bark Camp Trail is a 4.7 mile out and back trail located near Parkers Lake, Kentucky that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking and walking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Stayed many nights along the river here with friends. Cascades are neat and trail intersects with the Sheltowee trace 100 along the way at the cascades. Some of the inclines along the way are little tougher than a moderate rating I thought.

One of the best in-and-out trails in the country. Other people have correctly described it as magical. From a river, golden eagles, exotic mushroom species, fish, caves, solitude, rock formations, and plenty of shade, this trail has it all.

We hiked on a Monday and literally did not see anyone on the trail or the trail road. The final road to the trailhead is gravel. The trailhead itself is immediately north of the river not south. Don’t be fooled by the trailhead opening south of the river, that’s not the trailhead.

I am 59, ten pounds overweight and in fair condition. We went on a pretty hot day. No question I got warm, but the trail is not super strenuous; its moderate rating is accurate. There are areas of caution, including steep grades and slippery rocks, but with a modicum of caution, it’s fairly safe and a lot of fun.

There is no cell phone service, and the system of roads in are just a little complicated. Downloading the area on a GPS App such as Maps With Me will eliminate the problem of getting in and out. We hiked to the Cumberland River, which makes it 2.5 miles out (in and out 5 miles). The number of streams and waterfall, plus previous high-water points, means this would not be a good area to get caught in during a red-cell thunderstorm. Lastly children under 10 and individuals with physical difficulties probably would find this trail very challenging.

Love this trail. Great scenery beautiful landscapes from start to finish. Hike it in the summer and winter (wet) months for different views. Little waterfalls pop up throughout the trail....and if you like Paw Paws there’s a little grove close to where Bark Creek intersects with the Cumberland River....Nice little snack to enjoy before either heading back to the trailhead or onto the Sheltowee Trace.

I really loved this hike. I loved that it’s near the creek and the waterfalls were running. My tracker said it was farther than the all trails app does, I think that is true. The cascades were beautiful and every bit of three miles out. The Cumberland river was up and visible from just past the cascades, .03 on the sheltowee trace trail. This trail was well maintained and had some difficult areas. The first two waterfalls would be easy. After that it’s long. Coming back is difficult because of some fatigue. Trail head was just before you cross the bridge. Clearly marked after 20 or so feet. Enjoy. Well worth it.

This trail has everything- well marked path, scenic river to follow, & breathtaking cascades in the end. This is an all time favorite of mine since childhood! It is the perfect length for a few hours of day hiking. The scenery will keep you in awe for the hike’s entirety.

One of the local favorites. Especially in the summertime. The trail head is hard to find if your not familiar with it. A lot of high walls, rock formations and water scenery on this trail. Especially in the winter time. A lot of icicles and frozen water falls, in the colder weather, make for some very cool pics. But the end is the true reward. Awesome tiered waterfalls with wading pools on each level. Great family outing trail.

one of my favorites!

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Get hike! Maybe a little too strenuous for children but overall a gorgeous area.

Thursday, August 17, 2017

Wonderful hike along a creek with plenty to look at.

Saturday, June 10, 2017

great hike today. beautiful.

Tuesday, May 09, 2017

This is a great trail. There are no vistas but the opportunity to walk behind two waterfalls is just as good. They weren't large falls but still nice to see. Pretty well maintained but there are a few downed trees you have to negotiate over or under. I had to barrel roll over one.

Monday, April 03, 2017

Very nice hike with wonderful scenery. There were two large waterfalls (20+ feet high), and the cascades at the bottom were beautiful. I did a little bouldering at the bottom, there are some gigantic rocks there! Be careful though, I fell in the creek!!!

Monday, April 03, 2017

This was a somewhat difficult hike I thought. Very beautiful views!!

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

This was our first time on this trail and we only went about halfway. Really enjoyed walking along the cliff face and being close to the rock formations starting at the very beginning of the trail. The trail sign has been removed and we accidentally started on the other side of the stream until we realized our mistake. The trailhead starts right at the gravel turn off.

This was also our first time to use this app which was very helpful and accurate in finding the pull off at the trailhead. Because we had set it to "Record" mode I was able to see pretty quickly that we were off the trail. Using this feature we were able to find the trail and get back on track.

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Very nice hike

Thursday, May 19, 2016

One of the best hikes around here. A little more physically demanding but very rewarding hike.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Great , best part is the last down by the Cumberland River

Monday, March 28, 2016

Awesome trail and only minutes from my house. Moderate strenuous trail with some steep up and downs, but over all a great trail for most weekend hikers. The trail has recently been cleared of most of the downed trees and brush. There are two decent seasonal waterfalls that the trail pass under and don't miss the cascades near the river.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hiked this trail to the cascades today. It can be challenging in places, but is worth every minute of it. The hike is beautiful, and the cascades are breathtaking.

Monday, August 18, 2014

Absolutely beautiful trail.

Monday, August 04, 2014

The best trail in the area, my favorite trail fairly easy. Beatifull scenery

Saturday, May 10, 2014

This is one of my favorite trails! Easy hike, gorgeous scenery!