Bad Branch Trail

Bad Branch Trail is a 5.9 mile out and back trail located near Eolia, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Good trail. Easy hike under the canopy on a sunny day. Last 1/10 mile is rather steep but well worth it.

Wonderful hike. And so worth it for the beautiful view.

Good trails. Strenuous work out at the top right before the falls.

Moderate is an understatement perhaps. Beautiful hike and plenty of places to take a dip in the creek if you choose. But with an altitude increase of over 1100 feet over rock and root covered trail, I would have to give this a hard rating. I took my 13 year old son and his German Shepherd on a 5+ mile hike last week over smooth terrain in just over two hours. We did bad branch in 4.5! Very fun, but physically demanding trail that has a gorgeous waterfall to see and plenty of nature to enjoy along the way.

rough in some areas, stay on trail.

Monday, August 01, 2016

Amazing!!!

Monday, August 01, 2016

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

I love this little trail. The falls are only a mile (or a 45 minute hike) from the trailhead and have bridges and easily marked paths for hiking. The High Rock trail branches off of the Bad Branch Trail and it's quite a bit longer, but I always love stopping over at Bad Branch Falls on the way up top.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

A great hike. My girlfriend and I were there a couple of weeks ago. Bad Branch creek was beautiful to walk along. we caught a nice, rare, showy Orchid on the trail. Can't wait to go back.

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

We went back today with 2 of our 3 kids. I was a little worried about the youngest as she's only 3, but they did wonderful. They were thrilled with the hike & falls. We spent a good amount of time there. We rested, had a snack & even family prayer time. Gorgeous!! #hikingforChrist

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

One of our favorite family hikes!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Beautiful hike. Slick, steep & very rocky at points, especially closer to the falls. The view of Bad Branch Falls is well worth it!