Auxier Ridge Trail to Courthouse Rock

Auxier Ridge Trail to Courthouse Rock is a 4.4 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Great views along the trail on both sides as it traverses along the ridge. It is a popular trail and dog friendly so it was quite busy on our hike. It was a bit muddy in shaded vales which made the rocks there slippery but it really wasn’t an issue. Our two dogs didn’t even finish the hike muddy. Being December 30 it was unusually warm at nearly 60°. All in all it was a very pleasant hike. I recommend it and will likely hike it again someday.

This was a fun hike with incredible views! It’s my favorite hike in the Gorge! Once you get to Court House Rock, you can take Double Arch trail, which I highly recommend. You’ll hike through forest and alongside a river. Once you make it up to Double Arch, there is an amazing view!

Amazing views, not too difficult. Just too many people, but still worth it.

I did the loop over the weekend and it was amazing!!!!! I can’t wait to get back there!!!

The terrain made for a very fun hike. The views were incredible, especially the view of Double Arch.

Beautiful views and terrain.

The trail along Auxier ridge was wonderful, particularly with the fall colors. The were several really nice overlooks along the way.
We also looped over and took double arch trail back. This was mostly a gravel road so I would suggest taking the Courthouse trail back instead.

Did the loop. Was absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful views up top and down below. Highly recommend

gorgeous trail but do not skip out on going down into the gorge like some people do. you will miss some gorgeous scenery

My fav trail in rrg

Great Views! Definitely worth the drive!

Always a great hike!

Love this place

Great hike in and out. Red River Gorgeous views

A beautiful, shaded hike that leads to gorgeous Kentucky hills views. Plenty of lookouts along the sides of the trail, and an amazing one at the very end.

No words for this trail. Had an amazing time.

This fantastic trail offers amazing views and interesting views of rock formations, I can wait to go back after the leaves change colors. Saw the biggest rattle snake I have ever seen after climbing up a set of rock stairs, at least 5 feet long. I would not recommend children under 8 on this trail as it gets very narrow with massive drop offs toward the end.

Great time hiking. Beautiful views. I would definitely do it again.

I tried hiking this trail last Saturday morning. A tree had fallen across the road so I wasn’t able to access the parking lot. Tried hiking later in the day and between the sun, heat and me being tired of hiking multiple other trails. I was unable to complete. Will try again another time.

Love this trail. Not a lot of up and down hills. Not to hard if you have someone a little out of shape with you. Beautiful views.

beautiful views, going back to do the loop.

Beautiful views. Apparently it’s a pretty popular trail. Several people there by the time I arrived at 9:30 a.m. and the parking lot was full by 12:30 p.m. when I was leaving on a Friday. I would rate it as moderate. I didn’t make it to Courthouse because the dog was nervous about the stairs, would like to go back and do the loop.

Amazing views!

Perfect for a relaxing hike, not too strenuous or difficult! Gorgeous views and plenty of great spots for pictures!

love this place!

Really good hike. Great views.

Amazing views.

My favorite trail. Hiked about a dozen times, each as rewarding as the last. The views are absolutely tremendous for how little activity it takes to get there. Simply wonderful

Saturday, November 25, 2017

this trail has spectacular views if you hike in using the main trail and just retrace your steps back out. if you hike the loops, the rest of the loop is kind of anticlimactic, pretty strenuous and in some places not well marked.

Sunday, November 05, 2017

Amazing views!! Clean trail and well marked. Will definitely be back!