Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

1 hour ago

Trail runs along the ridge so there are sights and drop offs on both sides of the trail. We enjoyed the views so much we hiked out the same way rather than taking the loop. Breath taking views. Highly recommended.

As good as it gets for views of the Gorge

Camped here with my son (7y/o) for the first time. We stayed the path of Auxier Ridge 204 and stopped off at the first unmarked trail just passed the 202 and 204 junction; you will have to cross over a couple of downed trees but the camp area was big. ground was made of mostly dirt and leaves but again, the area is pretty open. The site sits elevated so come fall and winter, I'm sure the view will be amazing. we hiked the rest of our trail in the morning to the point of the stairs just overseeing courthouse rock. my suggestion; travel light and enjoy the views! take it in!

Breath taking

This was my favorite "on the map" trail I hiked at RRG on my recent solo exploration trip! I did not hike it as an out and back trail, I continued on and hiked the long loop. The Auxier Trail itself provides the most amazing lookouts for the entire trip out to Courthouse Rock. It had the best views and had such a different feel than other trails. You walk along the ridge line and feel up in the sky with vultures soaring right above. Before you hit Courthouse Rock, you come to an amazing cliff overlook and (with caution) can explore an open cliff line with an intense drop off. This was by far my favorite trail from my first trip!