Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Wife and I love this trail! We put this together with courthouse rock trail or double arch trail to make a really good relaxing day hike. Do it multiple times a year and always find new beauty each time we visit.

Breathtaking!

One of my favorite trails at Red River Gorge!

We started at the parking lot and went down towards Double Arch and up to Auxier Ridge and then back around to the parking lot to make the loop. The hike is pretty good and the trail is pretty good. There is just a lot of steps to get to the top of the Ridge from the bottom

best hike in the gorge

Trail was in excellent condition and provided awe-inspiring views and fantastic wilderness. For a first time hiker, this trail tested my limits but it also inspired me to train and move on to even better things!