Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Breath taking

This was my favorite "on the map" trail I hiked at RRG on my recent solo exploration trip! I did not hike it as an out and back trail, I continued on and hiked the long loop. The Auxier Trail itself provides the most amazing lookouts for the entire trip out to Courthouse Rock. It had the best views and had such a different feel than other trails. You walk along the ridge line and feel up in the sky with vultures soaring right above. Before you hit Courthouse Rock, you come to an amazing cliff overlook and (with caution) can explore an open cliff line with an intense drop off. This was by far my favorite trail from my first trip!

Beautiful views the whole way! Easy hike with only a few steep spots. Just be aware that there is very little shade and you really are walking on top of a cliff, so be careful of dogs and kids!

Did this as a loop - Auxier Ridge and Courthouse Rock. Great views and vistas up to Courthouse Rock. Then you want to take trail 202 to make the loop. There is a sign off to the left and left again. Loop part isn't very well marked or kept. Also pretty strenuous and good workout. Fortunately, the gps on this app got us where we needed to be. If you don't take the loop, you end up waking the old Tunnel Road. Not my favorite option.

Spectacular views! I take all my first-time-to-the-Gorge friends here! It really shows the scope of the Red If you just do it as an out and back, it could be considered easy. As a loop, it's more in the moderate zone.