Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

this trail has spectacular views if you hike in using the main trail and just retrace your steps back out. if you hike the loops, the rest of the loop is kind of anticlimactic, pretty strenuous and in some places not well marked.

Amazing views!! Clean trail and well marked. Will definitely be back!

Absolutely stunning views! I have brought my one year old and dog here with no worries.

One of my all times favorites. Loved his hike. It was challenging and the views were splendid.

Trail runs along the ridge so there are sights and drop offs on both sides of the trail. We enjoyed the views so much we hiked out the same way rather than taking the loop. Breath taking views. Highly recommended.

As good as it gets for views of the Gorge

Camped here with my son (7y/o) for the first time. We stayed the path of Auxier Ridge 204 and stopped off at the first unmarked trail just passed the 202 and 204 junction; you will have to cross over a couple of downed trees but the camp area was big. ground was made of mostly dirt and leaves but again, the area is pretty open. The site sits elevated so come fall and winter, I'm sure the view will be amazing. we hiked the rest of our trail in the morning to the point of the stairs just overseeing courthouse rock. my suggestion; travel light and enjoy the views! take it in!

Breath taking

This was my favorite "on the map" trail I hiked at RRG on my recent solo exploration trip! I did not hike it as an out and back trail, I continued on and hiked the long loop. The Auxier Trail itself provides the most amazing lookouts for the entire trip out to Courthouse Rock. It had the best views and had such a different feel than other trails. You walk along the ridge line and feel up in the sky with vultures soaring right above. Before you hit Courthouse Rock, you come to an amazing cliff overlook and (with caution) can explore an open cliff line with an intense drop off. This was by far my favorite trail from my first trip!

Beautiful views the whole way! Easy hike with only a few steep spots. Just be aware that there is very little shade and you really are walking on top of a cliff, so be careful of dogs and kids!

Did this as a loop - Auxier Ridge and Courthouse Rock. Great views and vistas up to Courthouse Rock. Then you want to take trail 202 to make the loop. There is a sign off to the left and left again. Loop part isn't very well marked or kept. Also pretty strenuous and good workout. Fortunately, the gps on this app got us where we needed to be. If you don't take the loop, you end up waking the old Tunnel Road. Not my favorite option.

Spectacular views! I take all my first-time-to-the-Gorge friends here! It really shows the scope of the Red If you just do it as an out and back, it could be considered easy. As a loop, it's more in the moderate zone.

Wife and I love this trail! We put this together with courthouse rock trail or double arch trail to make a really good relaxing day hike. Do it multiple times a year and always find new beauty each time we visit.

Breathtaking!

One of my favorite trails at Red River Gorge!

We started at the parking lot and went down towards Double Arch and up to Auxier Ridge and then back around to the parking lot to make the loop. The hike is pretty good and the trail is pretty good. There is just a lot of steps to get to the top of the Ridge from the bottom

best hike in the gorge

Trail was in excellent condition and provided awe-inspiring views and fantastic wilderness. For a first time hiker, this trail tested my limits but it also inspired me to train and move on to even better things!

One of my favorites at red river gorge. Combine it with courthouse rock and double arch and it makes it about a 6 mile loop. Only bad part is the last mile back to the parking area is a 1 mile walk down a gravel road. But the scenery during the rest of the hike is spectacular!

Pretty great hike- I'll have to return when the foliage is green.