Auxier Ridge Trail

Auxier Ridge Trail is a 4.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Stanton, Kentucky that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

16 minutes ago

Beautiful views the whole way! Easy hike with only a few steep spots. Just be aware that there is very little shade and you really are walking on top of a cliff, so be careful of dogs and kids!

Did this as a loop - Auxier Ridge and Courthouse Rock. Great views and vistas up to Courthouse Rock. Then you want to take trail 202 to make the loop. There is a sign off to the left and left again. Loop part isn't very well marked or kept. Also pretty strenuous and good workout. Fortunately, the gps on this app got us where we needed to be. If you don't take the loop, you end up waking the old Tunnel Road. Not my favorite option.

Spectacular views! I take all my first-time-to-the-Gorge friends here! It really shows the scope of the Red If you just do it as an out and back, it could be considered easy. As a loop, it's more in the moderate zone.

Wife and I love this trail! We put this together with courthouse rock trail or double arch trail to make a really good relaxing day hike. Do it multiple times a year and always find new beauty each time we visit.

Breathtaking!

One of my favorite trails at Red River Gorge!