Asbury Trails

Asbury Trails is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Wilmore, Kentucky that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The trails here are very dangerous and slick. I fall and hurt myself. My boyfriend slid almost fall over a cliff and lost his walking stick. If you go here be extremely careful and let someone know where you are going.

The trail is well marked and in great condition. There is a steep climb on the way out but I hike to challenge my body and this is the perfect introduction for someone training.

The cave was awesome and the rock wall was very cool. Saw a ringnecked snake Millipede , chipmunk and a hawk. Wished i brought my hiking stick

Very pretty but a little rough. I am a beginner hiker and it was pretty hard for me. On my way down it’s pretty steep with a lot of drop offs. The trail to the cave and creek is pretty narrow and straight up rock stairs. On the way back we took a different trail that was mainly a gravel rode but it was pretty steep and up the whole way!! My fit bit told me I walked up 25 flights of stairs lol!! Very pretty and great views but for those that are not good with up hill or working on building up endurance this is very challenging!! Also had my dog (Shepard) and my youngest with us and this trail is not stroller friendly (we have a light weight running stroller with bike tires) my dog loved it but there were a few areas that were narrow and I was afraid she’d fall.

Nice and scenic once you get to the bottom.

Great hike

I was unexpectedly and pleasantly surprised. Very cool trail that runs along the palisades next to the KY River.

This is a great trail! I'm fairly new to Kentucky and still learning my new surroundings, and this place is definitely on my favorites list. A great way to spend a couple of hours, and the waterfall was awesome.

It was slick on the day I went, a beautiful hike, but a bad day to run. of it is dry and you want hill repeats though this would be a great place.

Just finished the trails on Sunday and it is worth visiting because of the cliffs and the waterfalls in that area. I would definitely recommend a hiking or walking stick for some areas. The waterfalls are not very large but worth seeing after a good rain day. We recorded our trip if you are interested in seeing some pieces of it. https://youtu.be/3BVwXPmhAsc

We went with our dogs yesterday and it was great! There are a few different trails and we chose the one down to the waterfall and cave. It was very beautiful because we have had a lot of water recently. The path is very narrow, so keep that in mind when bringing dogs or children. It is pretty steep and we were afraid our dogs would pull us down at times. That said, it was a good short hike. We can’t wait to go back!

Beautiful trail!

Trails are well kept. You should have no problem completing all the trails within a hour and a half.

I love Asbury for a nice hour hike! always beautiful and close to Lexington

Nice place to hike. I wouldn’t recommend if you are bringing young children due to the steep drop offs.

Really pretty trail with various features. Good for an hour to an hour and a half hike.

Good trails along the riverbanks with the cliffs; I went when it was quiet but the trails are fairly narrow for passing had there been more people.

decent views, good hike

Great trails , not for children steep climbs, slick mud narrow ledges . Really got the blood pumping nice views.Spent 5 hrs in the woods fantastic day.

Very steep trails with marginal views. There are much better trails in the area that offer more scenery. Took the family on a fall day, trails were very slick and poorly marked. Had heard good things about these trails but overall we were disappointed.

This place was absolutely beautiful! Although, I would not a good place to take smaller children. I would say that it's moderately hard and becomes a bit intense at times. But the cave is cool, the meadow is beautiful, and if you go during a wet time, I'm sure the falls are awesome too.

The Great Wall trail over looking the river is incredible. Be prepared. Some areas are dangerous and some are over grown. But it is a definitely a must hike in Kentucky.

Great trail, gorgeous views and a little bit of a workout to walk the whole thing. Accessing some points would be difficult for the younger hikers.

Beautiful scenery.

I missed out on all the views. The trails were confusing. I didn't find the caves or rock wall. No waterfall due to lack of rain. I need to go back with someone familiar with it!

rock climbing

Went off trail. Was super lit. 10/10 would get lost in this area again.

went on a day after work with my daughter first time we had been hiking in a while it was amazing.

Great find. Will return. Beautiful wild flowers!

A great hike down to the pumping station and up to the cave. Looking forward to going back when the creek and spring is flowing.

Great trail.The great wall portion is probably not suitable for kids. Pretty steep walk at times.