Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Anglin Falls Trail [CLOSED]

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(202)
Mount Vernon, Kentucky

Anglin Falls Trail is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Mount Vernon, Kentucky that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and bird watching and is accessible year-round.

Distance: 1.7 miles Elevation Gain: 311 feet Route Type: Out & Back

closed

NOTE: It has been reported this trail has temporary closures due to COVID-19. Please see the park's website for up to date information. This short hike up to Anglin Falls is mostly uphill and offers a few challenging spots. There are stunning rock cliffs with streams trickling over them. In the rainy season they can appear like waterfalls.

I live in the area and as of April 2, 2020 in an effort to curb the spread of the virus the college closed the trail. Let’s hope this does not take long and we can all be on the trails again. Hope it saved you a drive to find a closed trail. Chuck

we went yesterday 3-22-20. extremely crowded.Like 40 people at one time were there. People just had dogs running loose not on leash and terrifying other peoples dogs who were on a leash. Please have consideration for other people and keep your dogs on a leash!!!!! Nice little hike, kid friendly. Few places you have to scramble over rocks, but not too difficult.

I enjoyed the trail. Not too hard but not too easy. It was very muddy and the uphill part was slippery. We went after a good rain and the falls were visible but just sort of small. It is rocky. It was busy and there wasn't enough parking the day we went. I would recommended a stick or pole since it is uphill and muddy.

Easy trail. I’ve read reviews saying the trail is all uphill, as this is somewhat true, don’t let those words scare you into not doing the hike. It is a steady uphill climb with the steepest climb being at the end going up to the falls. There are lots of rocks to climb at the falls. This trail was really muddy, which made it slick in some areas. My 3 year old walked the entire way. My 9 year old loves climbing the big rocks.

Quiet trail. Nice little trek mainly uphill to the falls, best to go soon after rainy weather since it is a “wet-weather waterfall.” Some slippery spots so take some walking sticks, it may help with stability. My family was the only ones on trail until the end, an older couple was heading up to the falls. Worth the trip!

Slippery when wet and mostly uphill. Not sure I would call this an easy hike but it is beautiful. And there wasn't much traffic on the trail.

Awesome hike today. Very beautiful. Moderate. Kid friendly, pet friendly. Easy access. Falls were awesome to see and the landscape was marvelous.

Good short hike!

icy

January 21, 2020 24 degrees this morning. Trail is passable with a few icy spots toward the top. Ice was calving off the southwest cliffs. Cool to watch from a distance.

Hiked after a little rain and there was a nice shower coming down from the falls. Scenic little creek and woods until you reach the boulders. A short hike with many different features.

Finding the sign for Anglin Falls was a trick. It was hidden behind a trashcan. The hike was beautiful lots and lots of woods. Unfortunately the waterfall was just a trickle. We enjoyed it regardless! When I close my eyes and imagine the water, I have to say it would be beautiful. Loving America

Stopped here on our way back to Michigan with my son. So glad we did! It’s hidden in the Kentucky backroads, but don’t let that deter you. The directions from the All Trails app were perfect. A beautiful wooded retreat followed by stunning rock formations and boulders that have cascaded and settled many years ago. The climb becomes a bit more challenging near the top - but you’ve got to go to the falls! The surroundings reminded me of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan incredibly picturesque! A walking stick was helpful on the decent. I would definitely recommend!

Nice hike, but the falls was just a trickle. will try again after it has rained.

The waterfall was totally worth it and loved that you had to climb up a ton of rocks just to get to it. What a workout!

recorded Anglin Falls Trail

This was a fantastic hike. I’m out of shape and worked up a sweat several times but the falls at the end make it worth the effort.

Nice trail, some boulder climbing. Very shady, can go even in peak sunshine.

Great hiking trail! Kids loved it (6-8yrs)! We should've planned for more time, spent about 2hrs total but could've explored more by the falls.

love, love, love this place! definitely a must visit

This is a great, short out-and-back. Took the dog and the kid, we all had a good time. Beautiful waterfall! Trail isn't marked, but it's well maintained. Probably slippery when wet, and several places to scramble up rocks. This one would be good as a short outing, or could easily be combined with Berea Pinnacles nearby for a whole day outing.