Angel Windows Trail

Angel Windows Trail is a 0.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Pine Ridge, Kentucky that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

Sandy, hillside trail with some wet areas and some rocky areas.

Really enjoyed this trail. Only saw one person while I was hiking, but I went on a Monday. I walked beyond the "windows." Very lovely scenery.

high traffic but easy walk.

Short but neat.

We really enjoyed this hike with our preschoolers and toddler (wearing the latter). The terrain is varied, lots to look at and admire. We continued past the "windows" and rock shelf, through to some waterfalls and very cool rock formations. The path was a little tricky due to mud from last night's downpours and beyond the windows an uprooted free added a bit of difficulty to the path, but it was an adventure. I'd say there was enough difficulty to make it interesting, without being prohibitive to our family of novice hikers.

Just another one of the super short but super cool hikes the Red has to offer

More scrambling than we expected for an easy trail. It was icy in patches and the little ones and grandma struggled a bit, but it would be fine for most people.