Wyandotte County Lake Loop Trail

Wyandotte County Lake Loop Trail is a 9.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Kansas City, Kansas that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Let's do this one

Great place with beautiful views of the lake & more, definitely coming back!!!

Bridle Trail was muddy throughout and overgrown in spots, and after road crossings it was sometimes difficult to find the trail again. Still, it was a good, rugged trail for those looking to do a longer hike close to KC.

Best Tarik's in KC

Love these trails. Chupacabra was a little overgrown and needs some TLC but the other trails were great. I will be coming back to check out more!

There were so many desperate trails it was heard tho know if you were on the right one. still a nice walk for a warm day. very Holley.

Lots of different trails and paths. I Love seeing the wildlife and flowing river beds.

9 mile loop with lots of hills and water crossings. Went in early spring and it's a great place for a hike that time of year!

I drove to shelter 14 which I easily found using Google Maps. I took the yellow trail to the white trail which brought me back to shelter 14 for a total of 3.3 miles. Sunday morning around 10. I came across a couple solo hikers, about 5 bikers, and a group of 6 hikers. Other then that, I had the place to myself. Narrow enough trails that you would not be able to hike side by side with anyone. Fun natural surfaces. Lots of ups and down, but nothing too big. I felt like I had to watch my step, but at the same time I could enjoy the scenery. nice lake view, but not able to get to it except from parking lot. Trail entrance is not marked (It's behind the permanent restrooms (restrooms are closed in winter)). You quickly get to trailhead which has a map outlining different trails and their distances. once you get in a trail, it's VERY well marked. I will go back to do the rest of the trails!