River Walk

River Walk is a 3.8 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Junction City, Kansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from January until January. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

3.8 miles 75 feet Point to Point

The Riverwalk Trail is a cooperative agreement among the Junction City Parks & Recreation Dept., the Fort Riley Army Base, and the Corps of Engineers. The 4.8-mile trail has two trailheads, one is located off of Trooper Drive on Fort Riley and the other trailhead is in Outlet Park, a Corps of Engine The River Walk Trail is a 4.8 mile trail that winds along the Republican River from the outlet tubes of Milford Lake and links up to the new horse trails at Milford lake, to the Washington Street entrance of Ft. Riley. The trail is made of limestone screenings and can be used by walkers, joggers, bikers, snowmobiles, and equestrians. Stop for a picnic at the new shelter. This linear trail is open until dark during times of operation.

I love coming here, but every time I do there are people out here with their dogs off leashes. I love dogs and have 4 of my own and take them with me all the time. I just wish everyone would keep their furry friends on leashes.

My wife and I did this hike about 2 years ago when our son and our daughter-in law were stationed at Ft. Riley. It was an ok hike/ walk with the family and dogs. Living in the Pacific Northwest, it's a little unfair to compare this trail to those of say Oregon or Washington. The Republican River is a nice river that looks like it would be a blast to kayak on though.

Enjoyed the walk. Great hike for the kids.

Not a bad little trail. Definitely a great one to introduce kids to hiking.

Great trail, especially if your just getting started in hiking, did the entire trail and back with my 11 yr old, he loved it,

Easy stroll

Loved running this when stationed at Ft Riley!

Did this hike with an impromptu swim once I got to Milford Lake as my turn around point. Really nice route.

Mostly shaded over along with a few benches makes this trail a treat. You can hike, ride horses, mountain bike, swim and/or fish. This trail takes you from the Washington gate all the way to Milford lake.

Used to hike and ruck this trail frequently while stationed at Ft. Riley. A nice area between the north side of Junction City and Milford lake to relax and unwind after a long work week.