River Walk

River Walk is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Junction City, Kansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The Riverwalk Trail is a cooperative agreement among the Junction City Parks & Recreation Dept., the Fort Riley Army Base, and the Corps of Engineers. The 4.8-mile trail has two trailheads, one is located off of Trooper Drive on Fort Riley and the other trailhead is in Outlet Park, a Corps of Engine The River Walk Trail is a trail that winds along the Republican River from the outlet tubes of Milford Lake and links up to the new horse trails at Milford lake, to the Washington Street entrance of Ft. Riley. The trail is made of limestone screenings and can be used by walkers, joggers, bikers, snowmobiles, and equestrians. Stop for a picnic at the new shelter. This linear trail is open until dark during times of operation.

We love it. It's local, convenient, and usually well maintained.

I love coming here, but every time I do there are people out here with their dogs off leashes. I love dogs and have 4 of my own and take them with me all the time. I just wish everyone would keep their furry friends on leashes.

My wife and I did this hike about 2 years ago when our son and our daughter-in law were stationed at Ft. Riley. It was an ok hike/ walk with the family and dogs. Living in the Pacific Northwest, it's a little unfair to compare this trail to those of say Oregon or Washington. The Republican River is a nice river that looks like it would be a blast to kayak on though.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Enjoyed the walk. Great hike for the kids.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Not a bad little trail. Definitely a great one to introduce kids to hiking.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Friday, January 29, 2016

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Great trail, especially if your just getting started in hiking, did the entire trail and back with my 11 yr old, he loved it,

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Easy stroll

Saturday, November 07, 2015

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Loved running this when stationed at Ft Riley!

Friday, August 14, 2015