Republican River Trail is a 9.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Junction City, Kansas that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 9.3 miles Elevation Gain: 170 feet Route Type: Loop

The Riverwalk Trail is a cooperative agreement among the Junction City Parks & Recreation Dept., the Fort Riley Army Base, and the Corps of Engineers. The 4.8-mile trail has two trailheads, one is located off of Trooper Drive on Fort Riley and the other trailhead is in Outlet Park, a Corps of Engine. The River Walk Trail is a trail that winds along the Republican River from the outlet tubes of Milford Lake and links up to the new horse trails at Milford lake, to the Washington Street entrance of Ft. Riley. The trail is made of limestone screenings and can be used by walkers, joggers, bikers, snowmobiles, and equestrians. Stop for a picnic at the new shelter. This linear trail is open until dark during times of operation.

Nice trail, well maintained. Plan on hiking this trail on a regular basis.

Nice shady level walk.

Nice level gravel trail for an easy walk. My dog picked up 9 ticks and he stayed on the trail so watch out for them.

We walked 5 miles of this trail with my dog. Beautiful views and well maintained. I ended up pulling 9 ticks off my dog. I imagine the ticks will get worse considering how bad they are already this year. I would consider going back.

Back out here for a run this time with my doggo. She had enough at 3 miles in

Love walking this trail any season. So many eagles spotted today.

Ran a 3.5 out and back. nice trail for any level from recreation to running/easy hiking. great for family. differently pet friendly and the owners seemed to ensure personal where on the leases but didn't clean up dog poop

hiked this for its length and scenery. We saw a bald eagle in flight. Beautiful. There is a section of the trail marked to stay on the trail because of unexploded ordinances. Surprised no one else mentioned that. The trail was really well maintained with benches and trashcans.

Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Love the tail.

Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Good smooth well maintained concrete path. Got a path that leads down to the river and you can enjoy some of the sandy river bank. Great for dogs.

Saturday, August 19, 2017

Well maintained trail with nice views.

Monday, April 17, 2017

We love it. It's local, convenient, and usually well maintained.

Friday, February 24, 2017

I love coming here, but every time I do there are people out here with their dogs off leashes. I love dogs and have 4 of my own and take them with me all the time. I just wish everyone would keep their furry friends on leashes.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

My wife and I did this hike about 2 years ago when our son and our daughter-in law were stationed at Ft. Riley. It was an ok hike/ walk with the family and dogs. Living in the Pacific Northwest, it's a little unfair to compare this trail to those of say Oregon or Washington. The Republican River is a nice river that looks like it would be a blast to kayak on though.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Enjoyed the walk. Great hike for the kids.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Not a bad little trail. Definitely a great one to introduce kids to hiking.

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Great trail, especially if your just getting started in hiking, did the entire trail and back with my 11 yr old, he loved it,

Sunday, November 08, 2015

Easy stroll

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Loved running this when stationed at Ft Riley!

Monday, July 07, 2014

Did this hike with an impromptu swim once I got to Milford Lake as my turn around point. Really nice route.

Thursday, July 03, 2014

Mostly shaded over along with a few benches makes this trail a treat. You can hike, ride horses, mountain bike, swim and/or fish. This trail takes you from the Washington gate all the way to Milford lake.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Used to hike and ruck this trail frequently while stationed at Ft. Riley. A nice area between the north side of Junction City and Milford lake to relax and unwind after a long work week.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Good trail, plenty of spots to break from the path and find a nice spot by the river and just unplug with your K9, thumbs up