Perry State Park Loop Trail

Perry State Park Loop Trail is a 4.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Ozawkie, Kansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

beach

Wonderful picturesque hiking/biking trails that meander along Perry Lake west side. However, they are not well maintained and can be overgrown, especially in spring. Over 20 miles and 11 trails to choose. Many trails run close to waters edge. Some places can be rocky so be sure to wear protective shoes. Many trees and wild life. Spray for bugs in the Summer.

fun variety!

Nice

felt like its primarily for bikes not very hiker friendly..

A friend and I did 6.8 miles on the trails on Saturday 6/10/17. We did the Skyline and Great White and Wild West trails. The trails were all in great shape and fairly easy as far as terrain goes. We will definitely be back many times as we were very pleased with everything.

After spending about 30 minutes looking for trailheads, we found one by the boat launch area. The trail has not yet been maintained this year. We went out for a long day hike and had to turn around due to high grass and ticks. Thunder Ridge Trail is a viable alternative, but is a much shorter loop and was not the challenge that we were looking for. We left quite disappointed.

Friday, May 19, 2017

For a moment I did not feel like I was in Kansas it took me about a hour at a steady pace to finish it start to finish!

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

It was fun. Definitely need to watch your step as you could fall on a loose rock or trip over roots, branches. Looking forward to hitting the other trails.

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Attended my first Dirty Girl Adventure on Perry Lake Trails. Day One equaled about 17 miles and Day Two was roughly 15-16. We hiked our hearts out. I found it to be challenging with several rocks throughout the trail. Nice inclines and downhill parts proved to be difficult. Beautiful views of the lake, sailboats, driftwood, berries, hedge balls, a snake, 3 deer, fall foliage, bridges, creeks, & cliff ledge type trails by the water. Pretty well marked. Loved it!

Monday, July 18, 2016

I enjoy this state park, they are easy trails but enjoyable on a Sunday afternoon

Monday, March 07, 2016

I was very happy to find this network of nice trails with lots of loop options for hiking. They are all well-marked with signs at the head of each trail that even includes a brief description of the trail including distance, whether it's a loop, and how technical it is for mountain bikers. Being a warm Sunday in March, there were quite a few mountain bikers and hikers in the parking lot, but the trails didn't seem crowded at all because there are so many loop options to choose from. There is a $5 day pass fee. Self-pay station at the trail head of the Blue Trail (Skyline). Many other loops branch off from the Blue

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

First time out here, nice area. I only rode some of the many loops out here. Had a couple of flat tires and rolled the bead on my rear tire after a flat. Need to get some new tubes and tires and try it again.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Boring and nothing to see.

Saturday, September 28, 2013

This place is a secret gem. Some pretty awesome trails here. My favorite route here is to take Skyline to Great White to Mad Mile to Daisy Point back to Skyline. This 5-7 mile route offers some good climbs and descents over rocky terrain and some great views. Once you get to Daisy Point the trail gets flatter and the environment is absolutely amazing. You run along the waters edge and there are even some shore access points that you could jump in really quick. Pretty rocky trail otherwise so I like to run with my pack to carry a phone, water, dry clothes and a snack all just in case. If your looking for a longer run 10+ try Skyline to Logan's Run to Copperhead to Carlyle to Twin Peaks to Black Foot and back to the trail head. If your looking for something shorter take skyline all the way around its probably a little over 2 miles. If none of this makes sense now it will when you see a map.

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Wonderful picturesque hiking/biking trails that meander along Perry Lake west side. Over 20 miles and 11 trails to choose. I prefer Copperhead, Carlyle, and Logan's Run Trails, because they have run close to waters edge. Some places can be rocky so be sure to ware protective shoes. Many trees and wildlife. I usually like to hike these trails in the spring, fall, and winter. Summer can get a little buggy, so use lots of bug spray.

Monday, December 03, 2012

The pictures here were taken on the other side of the lake along the trails on the East side of the lake.

These trails are some nice hiking/biking trails near the marina and golf course. They sandwiched between the lake shore and the golf course. Very nice quiet and scenic area for a hike or ride.

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Nice trial, the climbs are decent noting to steep. Mosquitoes every where though, make sure you have bug spray on.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

A must-ride for mtb'ers in the area, great trails that really can get the adrenaline pumpin! Quick drive from Topeka or Lawrence, these loop trails offer a good workout. Nicely shaded so you're not in the sun, tons of rocks (so bring some bandaids), and hills hills hills.
I've only seen one or two other people on the main trail where I was riding (I think it was Blue and White?). The first time I even met a hunter doing some spotting on the trail for deer season.
I also recommend riding behind someone so that they can clear the spiderwebs for you!

Thursday, February 23, 2017