Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Overland Park Arboretum

Overland Park Arboretum is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Overland Park, Kansas that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

partially paved

love the garden and waterfalls.Great hiking trails also.

An Overland Park gem!

It’s a nice trail with lots to see. Nice, long hiking trails, and they have water stations which is nice. Flowers were pretty although we were more interested in the nature trails. Only downside is it costs $$ but it’s pretty cheap.

Beautiful property and it was very peaceful! They have something for everyone to enjoy- an outdoor model train exhibit, beautiful flowers, peaceful fountains and many benches or lawn chairs for you to sit back and relax, as well as the nature trails to walk along. I also appreciated that they had water stations full of ice water along the trails so you could top off your water bottle and stay hydrated on a hot day. It was also nice that the trails mostly had shade (the ones I went on mostly has shade from the trees). $3 was so worth it for the experience and I plan on coming again!

This is my favorite thing to do when I am in the area visiting. I could spend hours strolling along, camera in hand, enjoying God's creation in all its glory (and I have)...

although it was a great walk, load on the deet. I reapplied bug spray and still ended up with over 50 mosquito bites. It was still gorgeous.

Very peaceful place to walk

Saturday, March 31, 2018

Great stuff Ozark grey

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Thankfully we went on free day.. We loved all the beautiful flowers and running water. We hiked the West trail and enjoyed ourselves!

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

It's a nice path through a beautiful landscape, but it's a real shame that bikes are not permitted to use the trails.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

nice place for a walk.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

I went in Mid February so the trail was not very pretty but it has lots of different paths. The paths are very easy and it's kid friendly. It does cost money to get into the park $3 per person and on Tuesdays it's free.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

love this place. Wish it was free everyday!

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Great training trail. Second time I hike this month. Even in a down pour it was fun.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

There are few better places to walk or hike! If you want easy, there are paved paths around a lake/pond as well as through the woods. I prefer the natural paths, of which there are several. One year they ground up recycled Christmas trees and spread them on parts of the path that were wet - that fantastic pine scent hung around for quite a while. I miss my hikes at the Arboretum when spending my summers in Michigan!!

Friday, December 11, 2015

I have hiked/walked these 3 trails numerous times, and it's always enjoyable. I frequently see deer. Easy escape within the KC metro area. $3 entry per person.

Thursday, December 10, 2015

One of my absolute favorite walking/hiking areas in KC! Long trek from home, though, but well worth the trip and nominal admission. The kind of place you can bring a picnic basket and make a day of it. Beautiful on winter days, too.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Great trail well kept. Kids have lots of fun exploring the back trails.

Monday, March 17, 2014

The bird observatory building the is most wonderful place to watch birds

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Very nice trail with beautiful gardens, wild life, statues and much more. The only negative is that it's daily busy on weekends. Very well kept! Used to be free, but it now costs $3/person.