Overland Park Arboretum

Overland Park Arboretum is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Overland Park, Kansas that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding.

nice place for a walk.

I went in Mid February so the trail was not very pretty but it has lots of different paths. The paths are very easy and it's kid friendly. It does cost money to get into the park $3 per person and on Tuesdays it's free.

love this place. Wish it was free everyday!

Great training trail. Second time I hike this month. Even in a down pour it was fun.

There are few better places to walk or hike! If you want easy, there are paved paths around a lake/pond as well as through the woods. I prefer the natural paths, of which there are several. One year they ground up recycled Christmas trees and spread them on parts of the path that were wet - that fantastic pine scent hung around for quite a while. I miss my hikes at the Arboretum when spending my summers in Michigan!!

I have hiked/walked these 3 trails numerous times, and it's always enjoyable. I frequently see deer. Easy escape within the KC metro area. $3 entry per person.

One of my absolute favorite walking/hiking areas in KC! Long trek from home, though, but well worth the trip and nominal admission. The kind of place you can bring a picnic basket and make a day of it. Beautiful on winter days, too.

Great trail well kept. Kids have lots of fun exploring the back trails.

The bird observatory building the is most wonderful place to watch birds