Konza Godwin Hill Loop Trail

Konza Godwin Hill Loop Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Manhattan, Kansas that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

A trail guide is available at the trailhead that describes key points and geography of the Flint hills prairie. The trail is lined with limestone pea gravel or follows a service road that is either bare dirt or limestone gravel. The trail markers takes you left when the trail forks just after you cross Kings Creek.

beautiful hike but difficult, at least for us. def not kid friendly unless older and most def not stroller friendly.

Beautiful nature trail system that's good for hiking and trail running. There's a nice amount of ascent and the views at the top are definitely worth it.

Excellent training value at a conveniently close location. This loop was only about 6 miles, but I found it a nice mix of both medium- and small-hillwork. Moderately technical terrain, mostly hard doubletrack, and plenty windy when I ran it. The views were memorable, too. Good location for dedicated hill repeats (

A nice easy hike that was well marked. There was plenty to see and took about two and a half hours at a leisurely pace.

So beautiful. Second time doing the 6 mile hike and it was amazing both times.

There are actually 3 loops of 2, 4, and 6 mile lengths. Possibly the closest thing left to indigenous tall grass prairie. we live near and hike it often. PLEASE NOTE this is private Conservancy property, and research is ongoing. People have been ignoring the 3 simple rules, and there has been serious discussion about closing them. The rules are: no dogs, stay on trail, closed from sundown ti sunup.

Well maintained trails, can be crowded with limited other trails in the area but worth seeing once

had everything from hills, flat, and beautiful scenery. lengths were good. we did the whole route a bit over 2 hours.

Wonderful trail. I don't make it out as much as I would like, but definitely a good trail.

The view made me stop running for a bit after I ran up the stairs. Awesome place.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Was there for the first time last Saturday. Great trails. Was a beautiful day for a hike.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Nice trail great overlooks

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Awesome views.

Monday, April 04, 2016

This was my first trail to hike in the state of Kansas. It is a beautiful trail, kept very well and maintained very well. Only did the first leg today, as I am out of shape. Will definitely return to hike it again. *Note- dogs are NOT allowed on this trail. It is well posted. The description says that they are, I assure you, they are not.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Took kids out for spring break. Nice trail

Monday, March 14, 2016

really enjoyed this trail, first day of spring break and it was very warm, so there were quite a few people, but didn't ever feel crowded.

Sunday, February 28, 2016

I have been to this trail twice now, I've enjoyed it both times. First time I saw a flock of turkeys and a few deer. Second time was pretty crowded so I didn't see much wildlife. I would recommend this trail to anyone. However, there are no pets allowed and they explain why pretty well. Overall, everyone who likes to walk/run with a nice view should check it out.

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Excellent views of the beautiful flint hills on well maintained hiking trails. I hike the Konza every month or so with my four year old. He can usually make the entire loop if he paces himself, but sometimes needs to be carried for the last 1/2 mile. If you want a shorter hike, you can cut this hike in half by taking the nature trail loop. This is part of a research area, so please keep on the trails and do not bring your pets.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

great area, have been twice so far. first time kicked my butt. Second not so bad, will keep going.

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

It's a good 6 mile hike, but has two different cut through trails so you can make it a shorter hike. Has a wide variety of scenery and some amazing views, nice trail, easy to follow and some of wildlife. The back half of the trail doesn't seem to be completed yet but easy walking or running. There are mild hills, some have steps for easier walking. There is new construction at the beginning, there are a couple new bridges. The only downside was there was a lot of people and you can't bring dogs on the trail.