Indian Creek Bike and Hike Trail

Indian Creek Bike and Hike Trail is a 22.5 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Overland Park, Kansas. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

wheelchair friendly

city walk

Dense hardwood forest, Several loops, Best done in off bug seasons. Would be great when the leaves turn.

This trail is great for a family ride, single adventure, jog or walk on. The underpasses make it very pedestrian friendly with a great environment to take your stress away. You'll pass along many neighborhoods as well as store fronts that will aid in your thirst or hunger needs. I've riden nearly all of the trail it doesn't disappoint!

Pretty views and some wildlife.

Great trail.

This is a bad biking trail. It’s dangerous too. There’s mud on the trail below the overpass, so it’s slippery. The trail is not maintained well either - downed tree limps, lots of bumps and cracks in asphalt. There are very few handicap ramps at street junctures. And there are too many sharp turns.

Outstanding trail for biking and walking. I’ve ridden this trail countless times and enjoy the trees, ponds, traversing in and out of the various area of the city and wildlife along the trail.

before moving to Olathe KS we read about the trail and convienence that it offers. we have been here for 6 weeks and have enjoyed nightly bicycling on it with our two young children too. it is everything we have read or heard and then some. It can get busy in portions depending on time and neighborhood. Great job KS!

Beautiful trail, we went in the am and flowers were blooming and smelled amazing. Enjoyed all the bridges over the beautiful creek around 127th & Pflumm. Very enjoyable.

Great trail for walking, running, or biking. Tons of locals use it. It's mostly flat and an easy ride. I really have a hard time understanding why it's marked as moderate. There's some great views of the creek and it's a fun bike ride in fall. The trail is long too. You can ride this trail for hours.

I love to walk this one.

We took our kids and dogs starting near 103rd and Antioch. There is a small loop near a playground and tennis courts. Lots of trash from recent creek flooding and no lightning under the bridges. I would not be comfortable alone even though it is a safe area. Otherwise a nice easy loop for a quick walk.

Saturday, July 01, 2017

Some people are worried to go here because of the murders, but it is VERY safe and family friendly. I'm always finding my bike down there and there are lots of kids and couples walking their dogs and tennis players. It is not sketchy it feels very safe.

Friday, February 10, 2017

This was my favorite place to bike in Kansas City before we moved! We could easily ride 30+ miles and it was pretty easy!

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

great bike path. We went to about 122nd and Switzer

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

paved and well maintained. perfect for our fam with toddler and pup. we can toss the toddler into a wagon and pull her when she gets tired. it's relatively flat and runs across a few playgrounds with water fountains. had some trash here and there from running through the city.

Monday, April 18, 2016

very nice trail! I would have considered this an easy trail instead of moderate. I loved it either way.

Saturday, April 16, 2016

Nice day for a walk. Great area, saw some Mallard Ducks in and around the creek. Lots of traffic noise in one area of trail but otherwise very peaceful.

Friday, April 15, 2016

Really good for early morning runs, not a lot of people were there so it was peaceful and quiet.

Tuesday, April 05, 2016

This trail is great in the early morning when it's not so busy. You can get a great ride, walk or run in.

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Fairly busy trail. Great for walking, running, or bike riding. My son learned to ride a bike here. Lots of shade with a creek along most of it for the fog to grab a drink.

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Decent trail for riding, walking, or running. Easy and paved the entire way. Good for kids, although does lack a little adventure to it.

Sunday, July 28, 2013

I've biked sections mostly between Corporate Woods and Mission Rd, both recreationally and biking to/from work. Parts of the trail are very secluded from the nearby city life and are very peaceful and relaxing. Definitely a great JoCo trail.

Monday, July 08, 2013

Nice, non busy trail in a decent location.

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Great walking and running paved trail! A good friend of the Summer of 21012! Looking forward to the Summer of 2013!

Friday, September 21, 2012

Nice trail, not over crowded.... Can ride by myself or with my family

Saturday, April 07, 2012

very urban but nice. i went on a weekend and it was busy but everyone was polite. i took my two dogs and they really enjoyed the access to the creek. btw if u have pets please post ur experiences tips etc. i have never had dogs i took with me before and am keen to learn all the protocols that aren't always posted.

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Mostly paved, great for bikes. Meanders next to Indian Creek and near I-435 on the south side. Not the most spectacular views. But road conditions are good and it's great for kids on bikes, etc. There are several trailheads. I'm not sure of hte distance but I think it runs some 12 miles or more