Hillsdale Lake Loop Trail

Hillsdale Lake Loop Trail is a 3.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Paola, Kansas that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail to Ride horses, love Rideing on these trails!

We did this trail on a Sunday afternoon. It was our intention to do the whole 3.6 miles but time constraints only allowed us to do the Blue trail. It was a very nice trail. There were a few muddy spots due to the horses but they were easy to walk around. Just a couple of things. Since I had not been here before I did not appreciate how much horse traffic there is. It is substantial. The other thing there is a $5.00 user fee for just driving on the roads. That is no big deal except for the fact I never carry cash. One of the guys with us bought the pass. Next time I will bring the cash. If you live in the area this trail is worth a visit.

We parked, paid 5 bucks, took the red trail, the longest trail, it was not good for hiking at all, quite boring through the pasture . Boring will not come back

Thursday, April 20, 2017

Around 24 of us had a nice morning hiking 4 miles on this trail. The trail is relatively flat with mild elevation gain/loss. This trail is an out/back so you will cover the same ground twice.

The trail we hiked is on the west side of the dam (off of Osawatomie Road) where the marina and campgrounds are located. This is not the trails referenced in the initial map.

Monday, February 20, 2017

These are mainly horse trails. We had and ok time hiking it but had to constantly on the lookout for horse poop.

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

amazing sunset view

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Rocky and a bit overgrown, but a fun way to spend an hour. Having trouble getting my track to sync up!!

Monday, May 29, 2017