Fancy Creek Mountain Bike Trail

Fancy Creek Mountain Bike Trail is a 5.8 mile loop trail located near Randolph, Kansas that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and mountain biking and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The trail at Fancy Creek offers 6 miles of mountain biking and hiking for advanced outdoor enthusiasts. This trail provides users with varying and rugged terrain and beautiful Kansas vistas. Experienced mountain bikers will find this a challenging course and it is one of the best in Kansas. Winding through 6 miles of dense cedar forest into open native grassland, the trail runs along rocky ridges with scenic overlooks along the way.

Beautiful hike! Very rugged terrain, lots of rocks, steep inclines, trees, and a few lovely views of the lake. I’ll be going back.

Fun trails with a nice variance of technical rock gardens and fast, flowy areas. The trail is regularly maintained by local mountain bikers.

What a pleasant and challenging trail.
Found it on accident, and thoroughly enjoyed. I was the lone runner on the trail on a brisk fall day. The trail was rugged, yet very well maintained and marked. One of the very best that Kansas has to offer. I will go back specifically to run these trails.

A true mountain bike trail. Well maintained. Frustrating and challenging but not impossible. Also very long and a complete loop.

The best trail on Kansas!!!

Great trail. One thing I loved about this trail is it was mostly covered. You do need to look out for spiderwebs lol. But this is easily one of the best trail I've hiked in Kansas.

This trail isn't too bad. Lots of trees and shade for for %90 of the trail. Only wildlife we saw was vultures. On top of those being the only animals we saw, there is a vulture nesting area the stretches around 50 yards you get a glorious smells on bird dropping during that period. You will be glad to know that there is an abundance of spider webs that you will run in to.

We hiked this trail on 6/25/17. Hopefully, it was not hot that day. We liked the trail because 90% of the trail is shaded. Most of the trees are pine. We did not see any wildlife. You would face many spider webs along the trail. All the water streams were dried. Overall, this trail is different from what you expect to see in Kansas. It is different from Konza or Tallgrass Prairie.
By the way, the fee for this park is $5 that you pay at a self-pay box. Don't forget to have a pen with you.

Feels like you've been transported to another place.

There are finally some decent maps available:

To get involved with maintaining the trail(s), join the Manhattan Trail Works facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/MHKTrails/.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Monday, January 30, 2017

one of my local favorites. has enough terrain to make it interesting, but not difficult

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Don't forget the bug spray and watch out for the massive spider webs every 5 steps spanning the trail. Other than that it was a great trail, dont go right before dark, leave yourself a few hours to get through it all.

Saturday, September 03, 2016

It was a very rugged, and wooded trail, looks like Eastern KY, there were a few forks in the trail well into it and didnt explain which way to go, the trail was shaded almost the entire time, I would rate at the moderate level, may not be for kids under 10 yrs old.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Nice Trail not difficult I would agree that maps would be nice. The trail is in the shade about 90% of the time which is a good thing in August in Kansas. The first time on the trail the gun range can make a person a little nervous so some signage would be helpful just to but your mind at ease.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Fun bike trail. I especially like the gun barrel areas. Beware of ticks.

Sunday, June 19, 2016

fun trail definitely intermediate to hard I was surprised. little overgrown in few spots but easy to follow. Im going back after i get back in riding shape..

Monday, April 11, 2016

Beautiful trail. Some maps at the trailhead would be nice, especially since you have to pay a $5 fee to hike this trail. With no map and being new to this trail, I was hiking blind and was starting to run out of daylight, so I bushwhacked over to the road at the shooting range and followed the park road back to my car. I figured it's easier to follow a road after dark than an endless winding trail. However it's a nice trail, and I'll be back. Carry water.

Tuesday, December 08, 2015

It was a nice trail, and I did enjoy it... It wasn't too hard, but maybe a lil difficult to navigate...

Monday, December 07, 2015

nice trail, mainly used for mountain biking, but a good hiking trail none the less, it's rated hard, but it's actually easy. .......i❤Kansas

Sunday, June 28, 2015

I've started hiking as a hobby over a year ago and have hiked seven trails, and Fancy Creek's trail blew my cosmos. I didn't even feel like I was in Kansas anymore. Be warned, it's a rocky, dynamic, and elevated experience.

Friday, May 29, 2015

Great trail

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Fun trail, pretty easy. Most of the trail is in cedar and old growth trees. Moderate hills and there is camping right there too. great for family hiking and camping.

recorded 2