Crystal Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Milford, Kansas that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.1 miles Elevation Gain: 121 feet Route Type: Loop

This trail passes by an old quarry where small geode rocks can be found. Deer viewing is good along open fields and by food plots. Bald Eagle watching is excellent from November through March along the water's edge.

Fun and good hike. We got off trail and ended up near some homes but found the path again. It is not marked. Watch out because a lot of ticks.

fee

Good trail. Marked well for the most part

fee

It was a beautiful trail. Not very stroller friendly unless you have a great off-road stroller. Heads up, there were a ton of ticks! Found a dozen or so between my wife and me and our daughter.

Not a clear path the entire way.

recorded Crystal Trail

My pup and I decided to get off trail a bit and you can see how many times we went back and forth we had fun. The trail is really nice.

This was a fun, easy walk through mostly wooded areas with a few lake views. The trail was a little muddy in some spots. We never saw the old quarry.

Nice little hike. Mid February. No other hikers. Some mud but constantly changing scenery and very enjoyable.

fee

This was an easy trail, but super muddy throughout. It is dog and kid friendly. There are creek views, corn field views, and lake views. The quarry was interesting.

Easy trail. the back half was blocked off. not sure if it is flooded or something. the part that is not blocked off was about 1.25 miles. I walked this trail with my wife carrying our 3 week old baby, and with my 2 Y/O that walked along side us.

Very beautiful hike. However make sure you put on plenty a tick prevention family and I got loaded down with seed ticks.

Sun Apr 21 2019

Watch out for Copperheads! Saw a one along the trail.

Sat Mar 30 2019

My husband and I went on this trail at the end of March in 2019. We felt that the trail was marked well and even though it had rained most the night and snowed in the morning, the trail was easily traversed with good hiking shoes.

Simple trail and quick for a small family to enjoy nature.

Tue Jun 27 2017

We were covered in ticks and had to stop multiple times to get them off. When we got home, we had ticks under our clothes and in our shoes. We found a tick a day later on one of our blankets, even after taking precautions before entering the house. I've never walked a trail and have been covered in ticks like that. Other than the bug issue, it's a decent trail. It would have been a lot more enjoyable if the trail didn't end in odd places, where you have to figure out where the trail picks up.

Wed Jun 14 2017

Nice trail but we picked at least 6-7 ticks off of each of us! Please be careful and make sure you wear bug spray. Also, there were a few spots that we weren't sure which way to go. Not sure we'll be going back to this one.

Sat Apr 08 2017

Pretty awesome for Kansas ;)

Thu Feb 25 2016

It was an ok hike. It was not very well maintained or labeled which I didn't like. It'd be nice to have some signs or arrows in the parts where the trail breaks of into two directions. My dog sniffed out the trail at one point so thank you for allowing dogs.

Sun May 24 2015

Nice when you were in the woods but had to walk through corn fields. Looking for more primitive I guess

Mon Apr 13 2015

It's an OK trail good for a quick hike. It has some flat open stretches with a few rolling hills amongst the trees. The trail is poorly marked but with a bit of trail knowledge and a compass you can figure it out. If there were enough snow in the winter it would be a fairly challenging snow shoe or cross country skiing trail. Not sure if it's groomed during the winter months though.

Mon Sep 08 2014

Any trail I take will be twice the difficulty with the dog team. Narley decent on sand with roots that make great stop steps. The trail is a gradual up and down with twists but only two surprises. A culvert crossing that was very narrow at speed and a down tree on the right fork. Completely covers the trail but you can get around it in the over your shoulders tall grass. A little scary when you think snakes. As a hiker you can crawl under it. Great dirt track very good technical accent and decent with the team a perfect place to teach young dogs patience.

Sun May 12 2013

This trail would have gotten a higher rating from me except that halfway through, there was a T-junction that wasn't marked at all. I had to guess which way to go, and I ended up cutting nearly half of the trail off. My hike was only 1.3 miles of a 2.1 mile trail. This trail had a lot of evidence of equestrian activity. It would also be good for mountain biking and walking your dog. The marina is visible from the trail, and a short jaunt will take you down there. In general, this was a pleasant trail through a forest (or as forest-like as Kansas gets) of deciduous and coniferous trees. There were minor elevation changes, but nothing difficult.