Crystal Trail

Crystal Trail is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Milford, Kansas that offers the chance to see wildlife and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail passes by an old quarry where small geode rocks can be found. Deer viewing is good along open fields and by food plots. Bald Eagle watching is excellent from November through March along the water's edge.

We were covered in ticks and had to stop multiple times to get them off. When we got home, we had ticks under our clothes and in our shoes. We found a tick a day later on one of our blankets, even after taking precautions before entering the house. I've never walked a trail and have been covered in ticks like that. Other than the bug issue, it's a decent trail. It would have been a lot more enjoyable if the trail didn't end in odd places, where you have to figure out where the trail picks up.

Nice trail but we picked at least 6-7 ticks off of each of us! Please be careful and make sure you wear bug spray. Also, there were a few spots that we weren't sure which way to go. Not sure we'll be going back to this one.

Pretty awesome for Kansas ;)

Thursday, February 25, 2016

It was an ok hike. It was not very well maintained or labeled which I didn't like. It'd be nice to have some signs or arrows in the parts where the trail breaks of into two directions. My dog sniffed out the trail at one point so thank you for allowing dogs.

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Nice when you were in the woods but had to walk through corn fields. Looking for more primitive I guess

Monday, April 13, 2015

It's an OK trail good for a quick hike. It has some flat open stretches with a few rolling hills amongst the trees. The trail is poorly marked but with a bit of trail knowledge and a compass you can figure it out. If there were enough snow in the winter it would be a fairly challenging snow shoe or cross country skiing trail. Not sure if it's groomed during the winter months though.

Monday, September 08, 2014

Any trail I take will be twice the difficulty with the dog team. Narley decent on sand with roots that make great stop steps. The trail is a gradual up and down with twists but only two surprises. A culvert crossing that was very narrow at speed and a down tree on the right fork. Completely covers the trail but you can get around it in the over your shoulders tall grass. A little scary when you think snakes. As a hiker you can crawl under it. Great dirt track very good technical accent and decent with the team a perfect place to teach young dogs patience.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

This trail would have gotten a higher rating from me except that halfway through, there was a T-junction that wasn't marked at all. I had to guess which way to go, and I ended up cutting nearly half of the trail off. My hike was only 1.3 miles of a 2.1 mile trail.

This trail had a lot of evidence of equestrian activity. It would also be good for mountain biking and walking your dog.

The marina is visible from the trail, and a short jaunt will take you down there.

In general, this was a pleasant trail through a forest (or as forest-like as Kansas gets) of deciduous and coniferous trees. There were minor elevation changes, but nothing difficult.