Clinton Lake North Shore Loop

Clinton Lake North Shore Loop is a 2.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Lawrence, Kansas that features a lake. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Nice trails but park rangers were not helpful knowing about where the trails took off from.
Despite bug spray with deet I was covered in bites the next day, suspect oakmites. Would not go back til hard frost.

Great for trail run! I wasn’t smart enough to forget mosquito spray.

The trail was beautiful, but the State Park map was incomplete.

This was a great place to visit. The map they gave me confused the heck out of me towards the end. Wish they had better landmarks on the trail map to identify where you really were. I got lost and was either on the white or blue trails. I don’t know. Lol I had to put the map down and try to figure out where I was. It didn’t help much with the one they gave me. But it was ok with that part. Really enjoyed my day! Would definitely recommend it. I will come back someday!!

Nice, well maintained trails. I'll definitely be back.

My favorite trail in Kansas, hands down. The north shore trail system is made up of the blue, white and red trail (just follow the coordinating blaze as each trail is well marked!). Ive done the entire trails system which is around 25+ miles. The red trail is the shortest trail but is (arguably) the most technical section as it scrambles along large rocks that follow the lake shore. Great for short/long hikes, trail running and biking! Great place to take your dog just be sure to keep on leash as the trails are very popular with mtn bikers.

We had lots of fun! Ended at a part of the lake that actually almost felt like a beach cause the water was so wavy that day up to the shore! The maps really help to get a picture of where the trails get closest to the water/shoreline.

good views and trails are marked good

I loved it because it was a challenge. But I didn't know that you had to pay a $5 fee just to park. Also sometimes this app itself wouldn't be accurate in how the trails went about. I found myself getting lost but it was fun overall!

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Great trail....well maintained. Trail end is not well mapped out on where to park if you are going end to end. They need better maps overall if you are first time hiker. Also get a Kansas parks pass even if you park before they open the park or they will ding you for parking without a permit- which is annoying ......

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Sunday, February 26, 2017

Monday, November 14, 2016

Our first visit to Clinton Lake on the blue trail was good! The trail was well marked with blue blazes and very well kept. Single lane, well worn hiking and biking path, up hills and down hills, beautiful views of the water, squirrels, ducks, falling leaves and lots of hikers, runners and bikers throughout our 8 mile hike. Not overly crowded. The blue trail is not looping unless you venture on a more technical white trail. We opted on our first trek to stay on the blue trail up to 4 miles and turning back giving us our goal of 8 miles. We will be back and decided it could easily be a solo hike. Some trails feel more secure with a buddy but this trail is well marked.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

this trail is not well marked. I tried to take the blue trail by the lake but quickly got lost on the white trail which is more "difficult" but only had Wooded views. lot of noise from people jetskiing nearby which was a minus.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

The trail had a good amount of climbing, not too easy, and it's long enough to spend a few hours exploring. Definitely worth the trip.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

It's a nice trail when you do not have a lot of time but still want to get out for a bit!

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Simple walk through the woods. Did with boy scouts.

Saturday, August 30, 2014

highly recommend hitting the red section at sun rise or sunset. gorgeous. the trail is not very hilly like most in Kansas. but it's a good trail and gives some good scenery. easily accessible, easy runnable, very enjoyable.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Haven't worked my through all of them yet, but the trails are generally well-maintained and, for the most part, pretty out of the way. Lots of spiderwebs, though. Lots.

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Fun! but watch your ankles.