Stone State Park Loop Trail

Stone State Park Loop Trail is a 3.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sioux City, Iowa that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.1 miles Elevation Gain: 449 feet Route Type: Loop

Beautiful and quiet! Trails near Mt. Lucia were a bit tough to identify.

Nice trail, sometimes hard to follow path divides but the apps “off trail” notifications worked great.

Sunday, July 29, 2018

Fun trail! I took my kiddos and dog, and we had a blast. We enjoyed the shady hike, and got a good workout. It was lightly raining, but we barely felt any drops because the tree canopy was so thick. We will w going back for sure. Beautiful flora to look at. I can’t wait to hike it in the fall.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Enjoyed a great, short run down beautiful forested trails. Lots of options though minimal trail maintenance creates a few adventures in trail negotiation. Saw lots of deer.

Sunday, May 14, 2017

It was a moderate trail with logs that you have to walk over but pretty

Wednesday, March 08, 2017

I have hiked this trail system many times. Lots of variations and usually encounter 1-2 others while hiking. Many deer sightings and other wildlife. Used these trails to train for the Appalachian trail in 2016 and it served me well.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Had knee replacement surgery a while back and finally able to get the kinks out. Challenging for me with the knee, but made it. Lots of trails to enjoy, and had two chipmunks playing in front of one of the benches I took a break on. They have a bird house with a red-tailed hawk and owl for getting up close. A couple of turkeys darted out, but was a nice hike. Definitely going to make it a habit. Trails are always open, but the center closes

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Very hilly but beautiful. Will go back soon.

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Beautiful trail

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Nice trail system, very pretty in the autumn.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Run and bike the trails weekly.Great place for a workout or to take in some wildlife. Several trails to choose or link up for a varying distances.

Thursday, July 17, 2014

My dogs love to go for a walk to the lake and around it.Lots of great views and have seen some deer and turkeys along the way.Not too over crowded as we are usually alone or just see a couple people along the way.Its close to home so doesn't cost much for gas.

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Really fun trails. The only downsides are some washed out spots and ruts every once in a while. Otherwise, plenty of climbing.

Tuesday, November 06, 2012

I have hiked and cross country skied most of the trails in the park. You can see a lot of wildlife , deer, fox turkeys and turkey buzzards.There are great views from the top of the hills.And you can hike down to Turtle lake. It's just a great park to take kids hiking.

Thursday, August 02, 2012

AMBITIOUS MOUNTAIN BIKERS -- This trail is for YOU! This trails system was very intense for me on a bicycle. There was very little flat trail; you were either going uphill or downhill nearly the entire time, neither of which were easy. A couple of the trails had wash out and long ruts which made it very difficult at times. The elevation changes were very steep in some areas as well (I will be the first to admit I had to walk my bike up some of these hills). I will not be doing this again on bike, but I think it would make a nice hike. There is a lot of tree cover and I saw a couple of deer in the park.

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Beautiful trails. Nicely shaded.

recorded Stone State Park Loop Trail