Maquoketa Caves State Park

Maquoketa Caves State Park is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Maquoketa, Iowa that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

lots of fun up and down with plenty of caves to look into

The trails were really easy for our family with young children and there were a lot of cool caves to explore. It was fairly clean and nice facilities.

Very easy, but actually quite a variety and an adventure!

Great place to hike and explore!

Awesome trail. Lots of caves to explore including a huge walk through one. This map helped alot to keep us in the right path. The trails aren't well marked. This 1.7 mile path took us about 3 hours which included plenty of water breaks. We will definitely go again to explore more of the trails.

14 caves and 6.6 miles

The views were great and I love how we were able to walk through the the caves

Beautiful! My boyfriend and I spent almost a whole day there!

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Very fun hike! Good for my 4 and 7 year old boys. My only complaint is that the trails aren't marked well.

Sunday, September 18, 2016

We were @ the caves in Maquoketa state park on Sept17th/ need to have garbage can's @ least outside shelter buildings. Only in bathroom and they were very, very over full! Lots of garbage down by trails / around the caves. I realize they can not get so easy to garbage can's down by caves but there is a solution for a small part of this. People riding around in gators can @ least dump the garbage can's in the bathrooms. It was between noon and 3:00 when we were there. Hate to see such a great park get run down by simple things that can be done. The caves are wonderfull!!! Our grandson loved them.

Wednesday, September 14, 2016