Maquoketa Caves State Park

Maquoketa Caves State Park is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Maquoketa, Iowa that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

The trails were really easy for our family with young children and there were a lot of cool caves to explore. It was fairly clean and nice facilities.

Very easy, but actually quite a variety and an adventure!

Great place to hike and explore!

Awesome trail. Lots of caves to explore including a huge walk through one. This map helped alot to keep us in the right path. The trails aren't well marked. This 1.7 mile path took us about 3 hours which included plenty of water breaks. We will definitely go again to explore more of the trails.

14 caves and 6.6 miles

The views were great and I love how we were able to walk through the the caves

Beautiful! My boyfriend and I spent almost a whole day there!

Very fun hike! Good for my 4 and 7 year old boys. My only complaint is that the trails aren't marked well.

We were @ the caves in Maquoketa state park on Sept17th/ need to have garbage can's @ least outside shelter buildings. Only in bathroom and they were very, very over full! Lots of garbage down by trails / around the caves. I realize they can not get so easy to garbage can's down by caves but there is a solution for a small part of this. People riding around in gators can @ least dump the garbage can's in the bathrooms. It was between noon and 3:00 when we were there. Hate to see such a great park get run down by simple things that can be done. The caves are wonderfull!!! Our grandson loved them.

My family and I love the caves. We enjoy hiking here a few times each year as it is fairly close to home. The trails are beautiful and caves are definitely a great work of art by nature. The kids and dog love getting dirty while spelunking through the various caves and creeks. Highly recommended!