Lake Ahquabi State Park Loop

Lake Ahquabi State Park Loop is a 5.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianola, Iowa and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Hiked whole loop with wife and two dogs. It was very nice and the puppies loved it.

walked the whole trail. I wish there were better views of the lake otherwise it's a nice walk.

I hiked this trail nearly everyday last summer so it holds a special place on my heart! Especially great for a night hike, especially during a full moon.

The hike is easy and it's a well maintained trail. The scenery is okay. Light foot traffic and peaceful.

Thursday, July 14, 2016

Fun and easy trail around the lake. When I hiked this trail, the trail was pretty muddy and had several down trees that my friends and I had to climb over, but we still had a lot of fun. After our hike, we relaxed at the beach!

Thursday, July 07, 2016

Beautiful trail around the lake. Amazing fields of wild flowers. Well maintained trail.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

This was our warm up hike to get the muscles loose:) it was beautiful out at the lake.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

First trail of the year, fun and easy enough for the whole family.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

First trail of the year fun and easy enough for the whole family.

Saturday, January 30, 2016

canoeing
Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Relatively easy 6 mile trail. Slight elevations and gravel type trails mixed with grassy trail make this a fun 2.5 hour day hike. Follow up the hike with Stand Up Paddleboards around the lake for an hour and you're ready for rest.

Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Very pretty, quiet, easy trail (aside from the noises of the boaters in the lake). Great experience for novice hikers looking to stretch their legs!

Saturday, June 30, 2012