First Bride's Grave Trail

First Bride's Grave Trail is a 0.7 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Sioux City, Iowa that features beautiful wild flowers. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking.

Hiked this during late afternoon in late July. The trail wasn't marked very well and, if you do not have an actual map, it can be confusing. It isn't maintained all that well and there was quite a bit of litter (which actually helped when making decisions on turns). The view of the interstate, water plant facility, and the actual grave was ok. Also, there were a lot of bugs and I landed some ticks that I found post hike. As far as wildlife, we saw a couple of deer and some teenagers smooching. I liked the grassy area located at the beginning of the hike the best. In all, it was worth it just to kill a few minutes, get some exercise, and mark the trial off the list.

Steep but a good quick hike

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

My wife and I took this short hike and really enjoyed ourselves. Has a few steep climbs, but overall is an easy trail.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Did this trail the first time in forth grade when we were studying Lewis and Clark . It's a short trail up a hill to the grave over looking the Missouri River . A little history and a nice hike.

Monday, July 30, 2012

This is an intriguing little trail. As another reviewer said, there are decent views from the top and it is a nice, short hike. I enjoy historical things like this. If you've got an extra half hour, it's worth a peak.

Saturday, June 02, 2012

This is a pretty short trail, but there's some decent climbing. The view by the grave site is pretty nice.