Brown's Woods Trail

Brown's Woods Trail is a 2.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near West Des Moines, Iowa that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This is a great location to hike or run. It is a double wide trail that is only a short drive from the city and bikes are not allowed. This is a nice moderate dirt trail through Browns Woods. It has primitive benches to rest along the trail, a cellular phone audio tour, and port-a-pottys at the parking lot.

I brought my lab puppy here today and we both loved it! it's a nice loop and I'm excited to come back during Spring. We only saw one other person so it was very peaceful.

geocaching

Great morning hike for locals or visitors. There are a few inclines. None are longer than .25 miles. It is close to the airport. No mistaking you are still close to civilization, but we came face to face with deer and found some interesting local vegetation. FYI - the trail is slippery when wet, wear hiking boots or shoes.

Nice little hiking loop. Enjoyed the fact that it was a dirt trail and not paved. Takes you back deep into the woods and almost makes you forget that you are in the Des Moines area.

This was my first time on this trail and I loved it! I took my dog out, and she loved it just as much  There is a short and long route. We did the long route and it is a perfect length and difficulty for an intermediate hiker. It was extremely buggy so make sure you wear repellent!

First time out today with two kids and a dog. Loved every minute! Took the long trail loop. Beautiful.

So peaceful! Great place to go for a run in Des Moines without dodging bikes.

Sunday, May 22, 2016