Wing Haven Reserve Trillium Woods Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(10)
Wing Haven Reserve

Wing Haven Reserve Trillium Woods Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Angola, Indiana that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 72 feet Route Type: Loop

Meadows edge trail. Short peaceful limited shade trail. Easy.

My 5yo and I loved this trail! It was fun figuring the trails out since there were many loops that lead back to certain trails. There were only a few small trees crossing the path but we like having obstacles every now and then so weren’t bothered at all. Beautiful stream running through. The only thing I guess I could complain about was I wasn’t really sure where I was supposed to park but it was also snowy so maybe it’s marked out on the ground and we just couldn’t see from the snow.

Easy trail with moderate elevation changes and no risky dropoffs. Nice little secluded ravine. Gorgeous lake. Lots of songbirds. Traveling Sandhill cranes at dawn this mid-October morning.

Tue Oct 17 2017

This was a nice area with the water view. My friend and i went on a morning hike and it was calm and relaxing. Well recommended for a short hike and calm setting.

Thu Apr 18 2013

This is a very nice loop trail just outside Angola, IN. Very cool old cabin and a couple of small lakes. It was chilly and rainy the day we were there. Nice trail. Enjoyed it a lot.

Mon Jul 23 2012