Whitewater Lake Loop

Whitewater Lake Loop is a 18.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Dunlapsville, Indiana that features a lake. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking, trail running, birding, and backpacking.

The assessment of this trail contains some inaccurate information as of today's visit. The chief discrepancy is that most of the recommended loop is on the park's bridle trail, which includes a creek crossing and all of the significant mud that accompanies horse trails. When I mentioned to the Ranger on Duty that I planned to trail run the Bridle Trail, she said that that was firmly not permitted. Being intrepid, I decided to run the loop anyway, thinking that if two other people had done it it must be okay. Based on the traffic I encountered and the general response to seeing me on the trail, I wouldn't recommend using it for any of the activities tagged above. It does look like a lovely Bridle Trail, though! My suggestion is that this trail should be tagged only as a Bridle Trail and not as a trailrunning, backpacking, or hiking trail.