Wabash Heritage Trail

Wabash Heritage Trail is a 12.8 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Battle Ground, Indiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

old growth

Tippecanoe Battlefield Park 200 Battleground Avenue Battle Ground, IN 47920-7026 Get Directions (765) 567-2147

Great trail for walking dogs. Great trail for kids. Can start at either end or even in the middle starting at the Lafayette golf course.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Trail is muddy in places and very sandy in others. Easy hiking and trail doesn't loop around so you have to hike back the way you came. I never ran into anyone while hiking about 2 miles out and 2 miles back. Definitely do not hike it alone if you get a little creeped out. I ran into large animal tracks and that ended that trail for me.

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I took this trail on 10-10-15 from the Battleground area to 65 overpass. First time out on the trail. Hiked prophets rock then took this hike. It is nice to read the info posts thru the trail. I also learned a good amount of history due to the posted signs. It turned dark before I started to head back which was quite interesting with no light. Either way I do look to the day to walk the entire trail from the battleground to the fort.

Thursday, August 07, 2014

We walked this yesterday. Started at Battleground, ate our picnic lunch on the Pedestrian Bridge, then went on Fort Ouiatenan. A beautiful hike. Magical scenery that felt otherworldly. A special Indiana place.

Saturday, May 03, 2014

I have walked this trail since I was 10. It is very nice but could use many improvements. It has now been extended all the way to Fort Ouiatenon, making it 13mi. in length. A portion of the trail is urban, because it goes through downtown Lafayette. The stepping stone crossing of Burnett's Creek is a little frustrating. The trail gets flooded a lot. I also wish there were more access points along the southern portion of the trail.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Been walking this trail since I was old enough to walk. It has expanded some, and is a wonderful area.

Tuesday, October 08, 2013