Versailles Trail 3, 2, 1 Loop is a 9.7 kilometer moderately trafficked loop trail located near Versailles, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

9.7 km
176 m

Versailles State Park has 13+ miles of mountain bike trails. It is one of the best placse to ride in Indiana. The 4 mile Shadow Run loop is a great beginner trail and Cliffside offers something for more advanced riders.

great trails but not well marked. My group hikes quite often and have never had trouble finding our way until we hiked Versailles. Great experience though.

Beautiful with challenging elements.

The trails are pretty but definitely need better markings. Especially where trail 2 comes out near the trailside shelter. On the map it looks like it runs parallel to that shelter and the swings further north. There’s a trail marker slightly hidden there that sends you down a creek bed which I’m pretty sure isn’t the actual trail. Then, when 3 and 2 split off there are markers but if you take the trail 2 loop you are in your own for markers until you get to the intersection of the trail leading to campground A. It needs more markers since there are a few side trails that cause you to question which way to go. Trail 3, which was pretty much a straight line and the easiest to follow, had the most markers.

I did use one of the shelter restrooms and it was clean and well stocked. The gate attendant was very friendly.

It is a fine property but needs better trail markings.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

A good hike with Fido! Definitely going back!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Terrible. Trail runs right next to the campground- can hear RV toilets flushing. Trails are not marked well.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I live in Versailles and I am an absolute beginner. My first 2 rides were yesterday and today 8/19 and 8/20/13. I rode shadow run both days, and plan to ride it again tomorrow and Thursday. For an out of shape newbie like myself, Shadow Run is a really good trail to start out with. This loop trail has a challenging ascent right off the bat either direction you ride it. I briefly talked to a nice couple from Cincinnati that drive an hour to ride here. This makes me feel lucky to have these trails in my backyard. I will stick with Shadow Run this week and move on to a different trail next week.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Quality riding. Technical and challenging single track. Just watch out for the waterfall on Cliffside. My friend bit it there. Very scary!

I will be back to this park!

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Excellent trails. It offers something for beginners and more advanced riders. Almost every time I ride at VSP I meet someone from out of town who tells me how lucky I am to have trails like this so close to where I live. Creekside trail offers a little bit of rocky terrain, Grandview offers some climbs and obstacles as well as smooth riding. Cliffside offers a narrow and advanced trail with a waterfall. Center Loop is a nice connector trail. Shadow Run is the best trail for beginners and is also the most fun trail. It has about a mile climb both ways around the loop then smooth, flowing, and fast trails with a nice mile descent either way you ride it.

Saturday, October 21, 2017