Two Lakes Loop Trail

Two Lakes Loop Trail is a 11.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near St Croix, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Love this place... but Mother Nature not so much. good workout and lots of different landscapes. Friends and I had been planning a weeklong hiking and canoe trip, hiking here and canoeing blue river.
Taking off work derby week...$$$
Getting packs, fishing equipment and canoe loaded...just time
Starting off in light rain... no problem
Hiking all day in increasing worst weather... no fun
Getting stuck in a tent for 23 hour because of a monsoon... 2nd worst thing ever.
Hiking back out soaking wet and everything double the weight and most of the trails flooded...Bataan Death March
Coming back after drying out camping in the campground and canoeing across Lake Celina spending all day fishing... best week ever!!!

good weekend getaway. a lot of elevation changes but good prep for a nice hike

Excellent overnighter! With everything changing landscape it feels like you're getting multiple trails in one!

Five stars, hands down! This is one of the best, prettiest and walkable trails I have ever been on, and I've been hiking for many years. I went in mid-June--trees were gorgeous, great weather. Like as others noted, the only not-so-good part was the north side where there had been logging. The trail almost disappeared as it was so overgrown with weeds and tall grass. Overall, a fantastic experience. I will be visiting this trail many times!

Nice trail. Great camp spots along the trail.

Very simple trail, great for a short weekend trip. Beautiful scenery.

Not what we expected at all. Reviews are deceiving. Will not go back.

Best part - we saw one squirrel.

Great trails, clearly marked. Moderate elevation changes. Beautiful scenery.

Great trail. Gets 4 stars instead of 5 because the Northeast section is heavily logged. Nonetheless, the trail is a gorgeus mix of lakes, hills, and streams.

If you're like me and you're backpacking the trail and want to do most of your hiking the first day, then walk the trail counter clockwise starting around Lake Cecina.

Saw a deer & 4 turkeys. Picked a beautiful camp spot overlooking Lake Celina and watched the sunset. Trail is well marked and water is plentiful (in April). You'll cross several shallow streams and creeks. Depending on time of year you may have to wade a couple of them.

We chose to tackle it over 2 days (1 night). Wonderful trail, glad we did it.

This is a gem of a trail tucked away in the Hoosier national forest. Excellent lake views from many sections of the trail (with leaves down). A nice mix of long level sections coupled with some challenging climbs especially on the north side of the loop. Signs were posted at all major intersections along with a "you are here" note on the map. Outstanding selection of campsites with fire pit and nice view of lake or stream. Excellent access to water via the two lakes and numerous streams that feed into them. Backpacked the entire loop with my son and nephew in two days (1 night). This proved to be a little too much physical exertion. Next time will do it in 3 days (2 nights) and try to relax more. Skipped the heavily logged northern section and just walked on the road which parralels the trail for about 1 mile. I've hiked all over the smokies, big south fork NRA, red river gorge, Cumberland NP, and a number of locations in the northern Rockies. My opinion: if done during spring or late fall this trail rivals thes more popular trails in terms of remoteness, ruggedness, views, trail quality, and campsite selection. Will definitely be going back again.

I went this past weekend;Saturday night thru Tuesday morning, with my cousin. We had a good time. If you just stay on the trail then there really isn't a lot of the rock cropping that people speak of. Regardless, I would do it again. The campground seemed pretty nice as well. We spent out last night there. Good place all and all. We did the entire loop.

A friend and I hiked in mid-November, so the trail was pretty empty, aside from a handful of hikers and hunters. Camp sites by lake celina can easily be found and in close proximity to the lake, but this time of year you can't use the lake for water. Lower water levels and the mud surrounding makes it impossible to get close without sinking. Other than that, the trail is enjoyable. Easily marked, and the camp space we stayed at was nice with a fire pit and some stone seats. Next time we plan to hike the trail backwards and camp at Indian lake.

Hiked the Lake Celina loop. Started at boat ramp and went clockwise around south side lake, across Dam and north along cut though to north side roadway. Nice rocks at first part. Trail was little muddy but passable. Didn't care for the clear cut areas on north end. Total trip little less than 9 miles

Friend and I did the outer loop 2/18-19 2017. We were first timers, so I thought I would write a review for other first timers. See my uploaded photo with the map and red arrows. Tried to point out specific camp locations with existing fire rings. We parked at the Celina lake boat ramp, hiked counterclockwise to the northern most camp on the west side of Indian lake...thinking that was about halfway - not. The switchbacks along the southern section make the trail much longer than we thought. Don't rely on pumping from Indian lake in the winter months, they lower the level and it is surrounded by mud flats. There are numerous small flowing water locations around both lakes - the locations on the map that show a blue line are the more major ones. Enjoyed the numerous pine stands that broke up the hardwood forest views. I would suggest parking at one of the parking locations along the main entry road just passed where the trail crosses - they all have connector trails to get you to the outer loop. Trekking poles are necessary, lots of slippery slopes. For beginner/entry-level backpackers I would suggest utilizing the cut-through trail the first time, the outer loop I would call more for the moderate/more experienced "Indiana" backpacker. Lots of elevation changes and water crossings make this trail adventurous. Some of the water crossings would require shoes and socks off to cross after a major rain. It rained on us Sat. afternoon and evening, but we could still tip toe across all water crossings on Sun.. It was interesting to find out portions of this trail are part of the American Discovery Trail (google it, interesting reading). Take the interpretive trail south of the Celina boat ramp - along the lake - it has some interesting rock remnants of the sandstone quarry. It was a very enjoyable trail and can't wait to do it again.

Great weekend backpacking trip. Great for beginners.

love camping here. go back every year

Nice part of forrest, and easy to find trailhead.