Twin Caves Trail

Twin Caves Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mitchell, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

I hiked this trail on a Saturday and it may have been better on a weekday. The trail was pleasant but it crossed roads several times, and only briefly did we ever get away from the sound of traffic. We did not get a peaceful, quiet trail experience in nature today. It's rated "rugged" but it was easy hiking. I would've rated the trail higher if it didn't have the traffic noise.

Almost a perfect trail running trail for beginners, trail is mostly gravel with a few not so bad up and downs. Park is really clean, and at-least the day I was around I had the place to myself.

Close parking to refuel between laps, bathroom at the entrance, only real downside is I had 0 cell phone reception the whole Time I was in the park.

Hiked this trail before finding this app. Trail #3 is a nice trail. It passes through some virgin timber, along several sinkholes, caves, and has plenty of ups and downs. The trail markings where it intersects with Trail #4 can be a bit confusing. Nice trail overall.

Thursday, September 07, 2017

well kept trail. in some locations the signage was a bit confusing.

Friday, July 07, 2017

delightful

Monday, May 29, 2017

Another well maintained, beautiful trail inside Spring Mill State Park. Great hike!

Monday, April 10, 2017

Beautiful trail. Kids can walk without much trouble.

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Great trail with lots of hills.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Nice and easy 2 plus mile trail.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Beautiful scenery. The trail was wide enough for two to walk side by side. Met several people walking the trail. Enjoyed our day!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Beautiful trail with lots to see including a few caves and all of the huge old trees in Donaldson Woods.

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Grew up near here and many trips on this trail. I always enjoy seeing the caves and cooling off in the air that comes out of them. Seems to have less traffic than the other park trails.

Saturday, March 03, 2012

We had our 6th Annual Campfest here and took the trail to Donaldson cave. Everybody REALLY like this location and alot of Campfesters' want to go back there for another Campfest.

Thursday, August 10, 2017