Trail 8 Loop

Trail 8 Loop is a 3.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Nashville, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail, clearly marked, the steps made for a good workout! Will be back again!

Well maintained trail. If you love to hike close to the creek this is a great trail for that once you make the decent to the bottom. Trail markers are well placed and in good shape.

Trail head is at the West watch tower. Plenty of parking for this time of year. I imagine it probably gets full quickly during warmer weather. Picnic benches at the trail head. Grass space available for a picnic.

Beautiful hike. Great look out about half way. Has a lot of steps built to make your climb easy. Even for beginners this would be great

The views became monotonous.

About the most variable terrain you can find for Indiana. Some good lookouts. The lake trail was nice too but very crowded.

Be prepared for a serious climb up some steep stairs and you'll need to climb over a down tree so if you're short like me (5feet nothing) this can present a fun challenge. Enjoy!

little weedy this time of year. nice hike though

Great hiking trail!

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Nice loop hike, with creeks and very pretty lake about half way. Long set of stairs make the climb out easy. Lot of down ash from ash borers. It follows the road for quite some time but traffic was mild. Highly recommend the nature center.

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Nice but you'll have some of trek by road... added an extra 1.2 around Lake Ogle.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

This trail meets up with trail 7 to go around the lake. It was awesome! Go the extra 1.5 miles around the lake i- it won't disappoint.

Friday, February 17, 2017

Just an FYI - you might want to consider taking the trail clockwise (turn left at the first wooden bridge) otherwise you walk up the 150-step staircase instead of down it (:

*NOTE* This trail is not ideal for older adults or individuals with mobility issues. If you're planning a trip with someone who needs these sorts of considerations, I recommend the Discovery Trail behind the Nature Center, the paved Friends Trail next to the fire tower, or possibly Trail 6 around Strahl Lake if they're up for a little bit more of a challenge!

Sunday, November 20, 2016

This trail didn't fee at all "remote". It's well marked and has some interesting features but definitely not anything to write home about. I'd come again with family.

Sunday, October 30, 2016

If you are a serious hiker stay away from this trail.
Way to many people.
You think you are hiking to a remote lake but what do you find but a parking lot with a play ground with a tun of people.
Also a good portion of the hike runs along the road.
For the casual hiker it may be ok but not for serious hiker.

Thursday, September 01, 2016

Without intending to, I hiked this counter-clockwise. I am sure this increased the challenge, but I figure it just builds more muscle :) Very nice trail. There is quite a bit of poison ivy along the trail in the beginning, so be careful. I added trail 7 around Ogle Lake. Not sure why this is showing I gave it three stars. I gave it five.

Monday, June 27, 2016

Good solid hike on well marked trails. Took the family and went counter-clockwise. Should have read the reviews first because about 3.5 miles into the trek was almost 150 steps up. At least they were kind enough to add a bench halfway up to catch your breath. Unfortunately the park map states it is 3.5 miles but both mine and my son's pedometers put it between 4.8 and 5 miles. My kids thought I tricked them into a longer hike than they wanted.
Lots of roots and fallen trees which adds interest to the trail - watch your step.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Well marked trails. Would rate as easy-moderate. No real expansive views that could be considered breathtaking, but definitely pretty.

Monday, June 13, 2016

Very beautiful scenery and a solid hike overall. Easy to navigate around.

Sunday, June 05, 2016

Clockwise is definitely the way to go. Counter has you walking up an ungodly amount of stairs.

Monday, May 30, 2016

It was awesome.... Sorry everyone... I uploaded the wrong picture... Can't figure out how to remove...

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Started hike clockwise. This was definitely the easier route. Good hike. Not difficult, nice distance for a mid day hike

Friday, January 22, 2016

Great hike! Done this trail many times. Yesterday went clockwise for the first time. Snow on the ground and saw some deer close to us! Nice views. Fun trail!

Monday, October 05, 2015

Nice loop! Headed out clockwise on the Hike #8. Glad I went in that direction because counter clock wise would have meant lots of steps UP vs down. Initially the trail is near the park road and hearing and seeing the cars early on wasn't ideal but the trail eventually turns away from the main road and quiets down. I added the Hike#7 to this route so this hike was approx 5 miles.

Monday, September 14, 2015

Started at almost 6p and ended after 8p. Kinda scary because it was practically dark, but totally fun. We stopped and ate sandwiches at Hesitation Point for about 20 min. Was surprised about how many inclines there were. I'd rate it moderately challenging at a brisk pace.

Monday, June 01, 2015

We hiked this in about 2 hours, but we also went to Ogle Lake and saw where it connected to 7. Trail has two bathroom/water spots, one at Tulip shelter and one at Ogle Lake. Very nice on a cool, misty, rainy day.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Did this trail with my 7 and 9 year old girls. My GPS reported 5+ miles, which included the spur to the West Tower. There is a 154-step stair system which was fun to descend (might not have been as fun going up!). Several shelter and picnic areas along the route to stop for a rest or a bite to eat. Fall foliage was perfect this time of year, though I'd recommend getting an early start to beat the crowd. The trail started getting pretty busy as we were wrapping up and parking was at a premium as we left.

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Peaceful hike with my wife on a cool fall day. Enjoyable hike through the woods. My first hike in the park. Could have extended the hike by adding the short trail 7.

Monday, July 28, 2014

I enjoy this trail immensely. Not difficult at all, so if you're a beginner, no worries. Gorgeous views in the fall, and a nice sweaty workout in the summer. One of my favorite go to trails to hike when I need to get out and commune with nature for a bit. :)

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

I've taken my kids on this trail and it was on great shape.

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Love this trail! If you enjoy the outdoors and being in the woods, this is the place for you. Go in late October.