Trail #3

Trail #3 is a 2.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Howard, Indiana that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as difficult and primarily used for hiking. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Trail Number Three

Sweet

This has become my favorite hike since moving to Indiana! I would agree with some of the other reviews that say that this is a more moderate difficulty. The rocks can be a bit slippery so make sure to wear shoes with good traction!

This is my favorite place in Indiana. I would not call this a Hard trail. My 68 year old mother can do this trail with her tiny yorkie under her arm. Moderate for sure. Potentially depending on how much water is on the trail. I see small children doing this one all the time. Its absolutely beautiful though. The rock walls are so full of color and character. Its just breathtaking down there.

Trail 3 is absolutely beautiful. The rock formations are huge and keep the air cool even on hot days. We hiked almost the entire trail. The description is hard but our 11, 8 and 4 year olds did fine on it for the most part. I opted to avoid the ladders by connecting with trail 10 for the last part of the trail. My husband and 8 year old did the ladders with no problem.

This is one of my favorite trails, thus far. We hit this trail on a Wednesday in June, after a morning of Kayaking. The trail was not overly crowded, but we did pass by a few hikers along the way. This is an adventurous trail. We started by going to the right, causing us to climb down the ladders, but we enjoyed this direction because we got to climb up the cascades. I would highly recommend this trail to anyone looking for an interesting hike. My husband has never pulled out a camera on a hike, but he did on this trail! We will do this again.

fun, had a lot of cool spots

We hiked this trail on a sunny Saturday. Trail #3 is a great trail with lots of fun features like the ladders and the creek beds. Trail #3 was crowded but you have to expect that on a summer Saturday. It does have the advantage for much of the trail of being below ground and more moderate in temperature. It was a bit steamy outside so this was appreciated. Trail #9 is less crowded. It does have many stair you have to descend and then climb back up. Turkey Run is a great place to hike with many fun trails. We love to go here.

Very good

This whole park is amazing, but this was my favorite of the 4 trails I did today, fun obstacles! Did with my dog.

Best hike at Turkey Run. Started this hike when daughters were 5 and 7 - no problems.

All of Turkey Run is great, but trail 3 is my family’s favorite. You may get your feet wet, but it’s so worth it. You climb lots of stairs and a couple ladders, and you have to duck-walk through a canyon at one point. It’s challenging and beautiful. Love the waterfalls and canyons.

Love the hiking here!

Loved the creek and ladder portion. Be prepared because your feet may get wet. It’s a fun, thrilling trail.

I absolutely love this park and this trail! Grew up hiking it and love it every time.

Whole park is worth hiking. This crosses the bridge and loops around the hill down a nice canyon.

Tends to be busy- go early! Beautiful scenery. The first part of the trail has you hiking up a stream bed, so be ready to get wet!

Very cool trail.

Awesome trail. Have been hiking here since I was a kid. All four of my children were able to hike at least parts of the trail, including our one year-old (We turned around at the ladders that time.). The three year old especially enjoyed climbing up and over the waterfall.
The trail is quite slick in some places, and you'll definitely get wet whether you want to or not. Wear water shoes or sandals with good traction (no flip-flops).

This is the trail that my children compare all other trails to. This trail is rugged with rock slopes and ridges to bounce off and climb up. There if a creek that runs through a good portion of the trail and admittedly it is just good fun.

Fun short hike. My youngest kid is 5 and he was fine doing this trail unassisted.

fun trail. A little crowded.

Terrific trail. Gets pretty congested in parts, but fun.

Great hike today on trail 3! You will definitely get muddy and wade through ankle deep water at times. I switched early to my water shoes. Also, if you want to go DOWN the ladders go to the right at the trailhead. If you prefer to go UP, go to the left. Some areas don't have great markings as to which fork to take to stay on trail 3. We also got stuck at the ice box having missed the staircase up and out to the suspension bridge which is directly to the left of the descent to the ice box and is easily missed. Lots of stairs on this trail. Beautiful, all-terrain hike though!

I love this park and trails! One of the first hikes I ever did and still at the top of my list! Plenty of rocks, ladders and watery obstacles to traverse here. If you like your hikes to keep you entertained, this is a great one for you! Wear your waterproof hikers, make sure your phone is charge you will want to take a few pictures.

Thursday, July 27, 2017

We always go in the Fall, so its usually busy because of the gorgeous colors. It gets a little backed up at the ladders, but it is the hardest trail (with the waterfall too), and that's makes it more fun (in my book)!

Thursday, July 20, 2017

This is the best of all the trails! Unfortunately, everyone knows that and there are a ton of people in it. At the ladders, we waited about 10min to get down because of the amount of people.
However, it is very unique and cool!

Saturday, July 08, 2017

I completed this hike with four of my girls on Mother's Day. Gorgeous all the way through. Loved the challenging spots. Cannot wait to go back.

Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Visually stunning but very busy, even during the week.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Flat out amazing

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I hike these trails at Turkey Run every year. By far the best spot in Indiana to trail hike.