Trail 1 at Turkey Run State Park

Trail 1 at Turkey Run State Park is a 2.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Marshall, Indiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Turkey Run State Park, Trail #1, is a 3 mile loop trail located near Marshall, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers in spring and Eagles during the winter. The trail is primarily used for birding, hiking & nature trips and is accessible year-round.

Wasn't as scenic as the other trials that turkey run has to offer.

Not as rugged as I expected but beautiful hike

Great days hiking, multiple trail options.

TRAIL 1 -IS A MDERA TO RUGGED DEPEDNDING ON YOUR EXPERIENCE AND PHYSICAL SHAPE, A LOT OF BIG TREES, SCENIC VIEWS AROUND THE RIVER. GREAT FOR BIRDING. LEADS TO COVERED BRIDGE AND INTERSECTS WITH TRAIL 2 AN 6. VRY NICE TRAIL I THOUGHT.

Monday, January 09, 2017

Today my son and I hiked the entire park. Not really sure the exact miles, but with all the back tracking I believe around 17. We had a great day. Weather was 15-19 degrees. First time hiking and my water bottles started freezing up. Good amount of people on the trail today. Had a great time now my body is tore up! Get out and enjoy the creation we were given dominion over.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Certain parts of trail make you question whether you're still on a marked trail or off-roading since they are bends of high rock slopes but they are trails. Pretty bridge over the river that many go kayaking on.

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Beautiful and Fun!

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Took trail 1 to covered bridge, crossed creek there and took trail 4 back

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Nice shady hike on a very hot day in August 2013.

Saturday, March 02, 2013

i

Monday, June 18, 2012

Trail 3 was absolutely amazing! You can walk through ravines along the creek bed while water trickles down through it, so beautiful!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

very scenic. plenty of shade. easy grades. lots of stairs at turkey run.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Trail #1 is a nice easy trail to hike if you have children or you just want to take it easy. Much of it runs along sugar creek. It can also be combined with trail #2 which I recently decided is my favorite at Turkey Run. Gypsy Gulch is beautiful and a must see. My four star rating is for trails 1 and 2 combined.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Turkey Run is a nice place to hike in--has some incredible trails where you can scramble over rocks, follow the creek bed in the little gorge, and climbing up/down a wooden ladder. Some of the trails require a lot of going up and down stairs which for me is a little difficult. We went just as the plants were starting to bud, so we could see a lot of the exposed rocks and cliffs that would be obscured in summer. There even is a covered bridge that you can walk to.

Friday, July 01, 2011

Since the reveiw is for trail 1 I'm saying 3 stars, if I were going to rate the park's over all trails I'd say 4 stars. Trail 1 starts behind the Turkey Run Inn and goes in a loop for 3 miles. It's very scenic in places, especially while it follows Sugar Creek. I enjoyed the part of the trail called Box Canyon by far the most and I really have to give thme credit for keeping the trail well marked and maintained.

Thursday, June 30, 2011

A great park to camp, hike, trail run and/or creekbed run. For Indiana, the topography in/near the creek beds can be strenuous and exciting. Ran the trails and creekbed with my dog and we both came out completely muddy and exhilarated. The camp ground itself is well maintained, has many other activities, a hotel, cabins, and horseback riding. Highly Recommended

Saturday, June 18, 2011

This is a good safe trail for beginners, parents with kids, dogs and safe winter hikes. Access to trail 2 is on this trail and the two can be looped together for a fantastic hike. Winter hikers can watch Bald Eagles fish in the river early in the morning! It is very buggy so bring spray!

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Trail # 1 at Turkey Run State Park takes you through a box canyon, pass some nice scenic areas in the timber and along Sugar Creek. A nice loop trail. There are 10 other trails at the park. This one is great, but just a teaser. Some of the others are spectacular.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Some of the trails were overgrown. The scenes were great.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Nice trails, more hills than you would think.