Town Run Trail Park

Town Run Trail Park is a 6.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

The access road from East 96th Street was closed so we parked along Crystal River Drive which parallels some of the trail. There were a couple openings in the brush and we took one to hop on the trail. No leaves on the trees or bushes made this much easier as we could see the trail through the blank trees/brush. We walked north to 96th Street and then back South to the 465 underpass. We had the trail to ourselves on a mostly sunny day. We picnicked at the 96th Street trailhead and observed (and then ignored) the trail closed sign. The trail was somewhat muddy despite not having had much recent rain or snow. Just winter precipitation I guess. Without leaves on the trees there were great views of White River.

This is a narrow singletrack built and maintained by Hoosier Mountain Bike association. It is of 3 serious mountain bike courses in Indianapolis (besides Ft Harrison and Southwestway). Keep this in mind as there are MANY places exclusive to foot traffic in Indianapolis. It's not that it's popular with Mountain Bikers it's one of the few places they are allowed.

It was sprinkling on and off when we went hiking, so there weren't any bikers on the tail (we did see two runners). This was a nice trail, I loved the signs of encouragement along the trail. Apart from the trailheads marked "Entrance" and "Exit Only" there seemed to be two other trailheads at the parking lot. Would love to explore those, as well.

Nice setting for a metropolitan area. Heavy bike use. Only negative is constant traffic noise from I-465.

this trail is either bogus or no longer exists

Love the bike and running trail!

Love to run and bike this trail. It's a nice way to get away from the urban landscape for a while.

Good biking trail.. Moderately crowded..

Sunday, November 13, 2016

great trail for mountain biking. Not so great for hiking with a dog. good scenery. lots to see.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

Great one way trail with about 80% bikers that you have to watch for. Other than that, it's a diverse trail with a lot of ups and downs which is harder to find in Indiana. About 4 miles if you turn around at the bridge like we did.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Great family trail. My wife and I ride this trail together frequently. For every jump that piques my interest, there is an alternate path that she is more comfortable taking.

Monday, September 26, 2016

Great trail to run. Just don't have headphones in because bikers come quickly and you have to be ready to jump on the side. The trail is narrow so if in company you have to walk behind each other.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

kid friendly and fun, not bad for being so close

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

This a fun route. Relatively flat with a number of short steep hills. Mountain bike trails are fun to run on because they twist and turn so much. Also fun to be in the woods but still in the city.

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Beautiful hike.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Great for someone wanting to learn but also push themselves - not your run of the mill easy beginner trail.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

Lots of bikes, but nice trails. need some clearings for walkers so bikes can pass easier.

Thursday, May 19, 2016

Too many people trying to tell you you can't ride
You take the time to go and then the clubs try to tell you can't ride
I ride anyway and always go the direction you normally go !!!
Sorry but I pay taxes to and have a right to ride
They rune it for everybody

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Loud street noise, but it fades after getting deeper in. Lots of wildlife. Very peaceful. Clean, well-kept trails. Not crowded.

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Easy trail, loud near the highways, but a good amount of wildlife. Trail is kept very clean and in good shape.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Great for cardio

Sunday, September 06, 2015

It's fun.

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Flowy, fun, relaxing

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Nice biking Trail as long as you don't mind Traffic.

Saturday, November 08, 2014

This trail, while mainly for bikers, is also welcome to walkers. But yeah, more for bikers. I started the trail late in the day, and that was a big mistake. But it is beautiful!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

20 feet in and I see a 3 inch thick SNAKE. B
ut other than that it was a goo trail.

Sunday, June 01, 2014

Did It ones by my self and love it after a week whet back with some family and they love it too great place

Friday, May 09, 2014

First time out EVER, riding on a trail last night. My goals were just to finish without major injuries, and not hold up other riders. (6pm on Thursday evening was pretty busy, so I probably chose a bad time for my first go-round.) Nevertheless, I had a great ride. Looking forward to improving my technique and trying some more trails.

Thursday, May 01, 2014

I really enjoy this park. By far my favorite mtb place in Indy. HMBA does a great job maintaining them, and every so often you'll see new trails pop up.