Tolleston Dunes is a 3.2 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Portage, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from March until October.

Bug guard is highly recommended gnats are right in your face. Wildflowers, mushrooms, wildlife, sand dunes to climb, and a few mini bridges to walk over made this hike pretty entertaining. Secluded when I visited which I rather enjoyed.

Monday, September 04, 2017

The trail is an easy to moderate hike for beginners with a few tall inclines which made it a little harder than expected. We took the long loop and the only complaint I have is the bugs. They were determined to be in my face; so even with lots of spray, I was fanning them away continuously with the trail map. I'd hate to see what they're like when there's actually been rain.
Did see some cacti and some other cool flowers I haven't seen before. There was even a cute little garter snake on the trail.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Great place to hike and walk the pooch

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

This is a great trail. It's full of wildflowers & prickly pear cactus in the summer. Lots of birds as well. It takes you through a bog & up a dune. Great views. If only you could cut out the sounds of the highway & trains!
Bring bug spray in the summer.
Lock your car & be aware of your surroundings.

Thursday, April 13, 2017

This was an awesome trail! We're first time hikers and this is just what I was looking for, there were hills, and branches and sand dunes! I love it, we even seen a bunch of deer going through the field!

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Decent but not great trail.

recorded Tolleston Dunes