Tipsaw Lake Trail

Tipsaw Lake Trail is a 5.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Leopold, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail for mountain biking or hiking.

Great trail, very muddy in spots after a recent rain but very worth it. Had the trail all to myself.

I liked it and loved all the pine forest around the lake.

Love this trail! Fun as can be! Between the lake view, all the Pines, creek crossings and maintenance of the trail its perfect! Not hard at all (has its moments though) only saw one backcountry campsite but did see two group sites at recreation areas. Definitely a trail I will come back to!

Nice trail for a day hike

Nice trail, listed at 5.9 miles on map. Opportunity for water and restrooms at beach area in season. Trail follow a the road for a short time on the south side of the lake and you can hear the beach at a point or two on the trail. We met a pair of mountain bikers, but otherwise nobody else on the trail. There has been a fair amount of rain lately, so several wet and muddy spots where you will get your feet wet, but also a couple of places to filter water, if needed. I expect a couple of the streams have water except when it's really dry out. we parked at the beach and enjoyed a swim and picnic after the hike.

Thursday, May 05, 2016

Hiked a day after rain so it was sloppy but totally worth it!

Monday, July 06, 2015

Hiked the lake on July 5, 2015 and it was messy muddy which made it that much more fun. A lot of obstacles to overcome with trees down across the trail which made it more challenging. It was awesome!

Sunday, August 11, 2013

This was a nice trail just like all the other reviews suggest.The only thing that I didn't like was there was a lot of noise from beach area I like solitude and didn't get it here.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Excellent trail! Allow up to 2 hrs to hike this trail at a leisure pace. I love the view of the lake from the dam. We will definitely hike one again. Don't forget get to spray for ticks. I would rate this moderate on a difficulty scale.

Friday, August 03, 2012

Excellent camping near by, and a small lake with beach and swimming.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I enjoyed this hike, nice views of the lake and a few stream crossings.