Tippecanoe State Park Trail 4

Tippecanoe State Park Trail 4 is a 2.4 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Monterey, Indiana that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

Easy hike. Nice color in the fall

Great trail! Gets a little confusing where some of them cross. The Fire Tower (not a part of this trail but in the park) has amazing an amazing view. Not for anyone afraid of heights! We plan on going back.

Easy and pretty trail. The bugs will eat you alive, even with strong bug spray. it has been like that as long as I can remember. I suggest going in cooler weather. Also watch for horses.

Sunday, July 23, 2017

It's okay

Saturday, May 27, 2017

Beautiful scenery, but flooded after days of rain and we had to turn back.

Saturday, March 04, 2017

Easy hike with beautiful views of the river.

Saturday, May 23, 2015

The pines are really nice...I second the bugs comment...I like to hike this in the spring, fall and winter...in the summer you will be eaten alive

Wednesday, August 06, 2014

This was a nice trail, not too hard, Took the dogs with us and they had a swim in the river. Since this was late July, the mosquitoes were absolutely horrible, even with spray. We also hiked trail #5 which was very poorly marked and ended with a dead end. We followed an old railroad bed back to a familiar point to get back to camp. PS: Do not go out at dusk, you WILL be eaten alive by the bugs!

Tuesday, July 26, 2016