Three Lakes Trail

Three Lakes Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Martinsville, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A 10.00 mile circular trail that connects three property lakes.

Fun trail! Like others have said, there are some spots that aren't well marked and a little confusing (esp. around Bryant Creek Lake) but not too bad. Lots of blazes throughout the rest of it though (white diamonds) which was really reassuring on my first solo hike. The cemetery is definitely worth checking out, too! The whole loop took me about 4.5 hours.

I went counterclockwise and there were many parts of the trail in the first 2 or 3 miles that were not very well marked. I couldn't have been happier that I brought my trekking poles- almost the entire 10 miles had spider webs right at face level every several feet, so I walked large portions of the trail essentially swinging my trekking poles out in front of me to avoid getting spiders in my eyes. There wasn't really anything challenging about the terrain and all the creeks were dried up, but it was still a nice and scenic hike. I stopped at one of the lakes for lunch and it was very peaceful and pretty! Also, there wasn't much foot traffic on this trail which was great.

this was a difficult hike. nearly the entire 10 miles i dealt with spider webs. most of the "lakes" and streams were dried up. only came across 3 people passing by but not hikers. i enjoyed the different levels of elevation and it really felt like a forest. no noise. there were times the trails was not identified very well. make sure you take a map and compass.

Did not have a great experience on the trail. May try it again some other time.

Nice hike, well-marked and despite some minor blowdowns, well-maintained. The distance is balanced by gentle ups/downs and makes it doable in a decent amount of time. We started at Cherry Lake which made the picnic tables at the other lake a nice lunch spot.

Hiked three lakes trail 6/10/17. I have seen numerous accounts of actual mileage due to a detour that seems to add just a bit of length to the trail. Trail head shows 10.4 miles. Hiked trail in exactly three hours with no stops. Multiple creek bed crossings that were all dry when I went.

It was a lot of fun some good little hills.