Three Lakes Trail

Three Lakes Trail is a 9.5 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Martinsville, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A 10.00 mile circular trail that connects three property lakes.

Long hike with a couple of strenuous parts much like all the trails at Morgan Monroe State Forest. Well marked with a couple of scenic views.

This is an amazing trail! We hiked it on 2/12/17 on an unseasonably warm day, it was absolutely gorgeous!
A couple warnings. Due to a detour it was 10.9 miles not the 10.1 shown at the trail head. And the only reason this didn't get a 5 star rating is due to a section of maybe a half mile or so aptly named "Mud City"... it was brutal! It had rained the day before we went out and the mud made that half mile feel more like 3 miles... I wore my trail runners instead of my hiking boots and it still felt like I had 10 lbs weights on each ankle... and I almost lost a shoe about a half dozen times. Absolutely brutal!!!
Despite Mud City, this may be my favorite trail in Indiana. The lake in the middle of the loop, Bryant Creek Lake, is stunning. I wish they allowed camping on this trail, it would be a nice place to spend a weekend.
I love this trail and would highly recommend it. More so if it is dry due to Mud City, but even as is, I cannot wait to get back out there.
Happy hiking!

The trail was awesome! We loved it! There was some issues with fallen trees and the rangers needing to remove fallen trees, resulted in a mile detour (that we did not take) or what was referred to as Mud City. Lucky for us, the ground was frozen and through that part there was no mud.

The ups and downs were a killer but was well worth it, even during the winter time the scenery is beautiful. It was definitely a harder hike and took us a good 3 plus hours to make it through the whole thing.

We took our three dogs as well, and they loved every minute of it. They were worn out for a good day afterward! We can't wait to come back and try the other longer trails in the area.

Have to agree with others that the reroute looks and is terrible to walk on. Also got confused on another reroute earlier (we went clockwise) in the trail. The end also had quite a bit of reforestation sections that just looked awful, but the lakes and remainder of the trail are quite nice

My first long hike. Loved the lakes. Lost my Fitbit. Couldn't wait to hit the Low Gap trail after finishing.

Currently 11.4 miles instead of 9.4 due to a detour.

Just took a short hike looking forward to a longer visit

Love this trail loop, scenic and a few good hills to add some challenges!

Beautiful trail with some difficulty, which makes it a terrific workout. Not always well-marked.

Excellent loop trail with decent hill elevations good scenery - not too much traffic

I've hiked this trail a couple different occasions, overall great trail and good workout.. The reroute did get confusing my first experience and trail ended up being a little over 10 miles.. Great hike and highly recommend it to other people interested!

Nice trail. Easier than low gap. Trail marked pretty well except one spot. If starting from cherry lake going clockwise, at paved road go left (on the road). The trail picks up again about .25 mile ahead on the right. Trail is overgrown in some areas. Some mud. Lots of gnats, deer flies, especially close to the water. Two ticks. Met about 10 people on the trail. Mostly shade.

They changed the route. Did not seem near as hard as it use to be.

Very nice trail.BUT THE REROUTE WAS VERY POORLY MARKED.be sure you know where you are going.

Took a little more than 3 hours to do the full loop. My GPS says 10.3 miles from start to finish. Overall I really enjoyed this trail. The hills are good. Had me breating hard at the top. Some really good views from the lakes and over all a really good day.