Tecumseh Trail

Tecumseh Trail is a 41.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Fleener, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Day-hiking on the Tecumseh Trail, from the Backcountry parking lot to Bear Creek Lake and back. Nice trail for the most part, with the exception being a stretch where the TT joins with the Low Gap trail is on a stone service road.Plenty of campsites along this section of the TT.

backpacked this weekend from Indian hills to low gap backcountry area. I planned to retrace my route tomorrow back to my car but the total disruption to the trail experience by the multiple timber harvests made me change my mind. instead getting a ride in the morning back to my car.
The actual trail is good and well marked but the reroutes leave you bushwacking or road walking for miles on end.
Lutheran Hills and the Foxes Den Shelter area are supposed to be closed based on signage but it wasnt on trail site so I went anyways and regretted it. It seems the lumber company used the trail and blocked it more than any other area.
Kudos to the volunteers who have cleared the trails and blazed them - great work!! I really wanted to love this trail but I was left wanting a less unstable trail. I am really disappointed in how Yellowwood Forest has been pillaged.

Hikers need to be aware that there have been some changes to the trail. Check the Hoosier Hikers Council website for a more recent map.

Great trail!

awesome trail was only able to make it a couple miles past fox hole den, I brought my dog with me and it was way to much for him, I will have to go back and complete it solo. look forward to going back!

Friday, June 02, 2017

Friday, April 14, 2017

A quality Indiana back packing trail.

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Awesome trail up and down ridges total wilderness

Thursday, June 22, 2017