Sycamore Loop Trail

Sycamore Loop Trail is a 7.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Heltonville, Indiana that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Went to do the loop for the first this morning- arrived at 8:30 and the spider webs were TERRIBLE. I am a regular hiker and am not phased by bugs, webs, etc., but there were SO many at the beginning of the loop- the first mile and a half- that you couldn't walk 10 yards without running straight into another one. They were large webs and large spiders, so it really made it tough to just relax, zone out, or enhoy the scenery because I was so on edge looking out for the next web. I finally turned around and came back because I was so anxious from it. I don't know enough about the type of spiders they were, or if they cut their webs down (so maybe going later in the day would be better?) but it was really unpleasant. I will have to try again in early Fall!

Great trail

We enjoyed the view. The road is narrower than usual state park trail. Be prepared to get muddy on your shoes if you go during a rainy week.

We entered the loop at the north entrance after hiking up to the cemetery. This is a lovely trail with varied terrain including a beautiful pine forest, which we would rate easy to light moderate. We encountered quite a few other hikers and there were several cars in all the lots so pretty heavy use of the trails here.

great