Spring Mill Village Trail

Spring Mill Village Trail is a 1.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Mitchell, Indiana that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

I love this place!

beautiful place for a walk. Full of history

wonderful trail. we did a modified longer trip. we couldn't resist visiting the old Mill Town!

Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

It was well rocked and wide good running!

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Lots of experience levels and choices. Trail 4 and 1 and through Pioneer Village was our main route. Trail 5 was flooded by lake water so we did a bit of a half and fourth!

Monday, February 22, 2016

Good trail... We took trail #4 from the parking lot. Went by two cool caves, the pioneer village, and monument that is 200 years old. Very cool trail. We went in February on a 45 degree day after it had snowed so was a muddy mess on the back side of the trail but other than that a lot of fun!

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Nice and quaint trail that I've walked on since my childhood. It's always an enjoyable walk.

Friday, September 25, 2015

I've hiked Spring Mill on a few occassions (first time in 1989). The first time was with my parents and siblings and I have since taken my kids for a 4 day stay. Back in the 80's and 90's they had a program called "Mocassin Mile" which was led by a naturalist where they showed you the different plants and spoke of their uses/value. The Pioneer Garden is a great site and the living historians working at the Village are always helpful and full of nice tid bits about the history. Don't forget to grab a bag or 2 of the fresh ground corn meal...
My last trip was in June of 2010 but we have been planning another trip now that the youngest is 8. Don't forget to check out the caves if it is safe to do so during your trip.

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Nice, easy trail with a cool walk through history at the village.

Friday, November 21, 2014

Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Many, Many trips on all the trails in the park. Well maintained and not too hard. Great place to stroll

Sunday, September 08, 2013

clean and well marked. Great trail and you are able to enjoy what the parked is based around.

Friday, March 15, 2013

Hiked it Feb. 28, 2013. Cold day, but an enjoyable hike. Agree that it's a beautiful way to step into the past.