South Westway Park

South Westway Park is a 2.1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Indianapolis, Indiana that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trails! Pretty narrow in most spots though, and can be difficult to navigate / there’s not a lot of markers. I took my small dog with me and he had no issues with the trail. Will definitely go back.

Scenic views and nice inclines.

Life this place! A little trouble with druggies in the parking lot and people breaking into cars but other than that this place rocks! Love the trails and I’m thankful for the guys that maintain them!!

Great relaxing trail.

It was pretty muddy because it had rained a lot during the week, but this is still a great park close to Indianapolis.

Very Difficult to navigate. If it wasn't the winter time and the trail wasn't packed down, I'd have no clue where I'm going. The trails also merge in clusters, and there's no way to identify which trail goes where.

I'd give this trail 2 out of 5 starts, but evidently some people navigate much better than I can... Pictures online look great and I must've missed it! Ultimately, the "views" aren't worth the research this trail takes.

nice park, great playground and bike trails

Great trails....watch out for the bike riders!

I’ve only visited two other parks in Indiana, and this one is by far my favorite. It’s far enough from the road that you don’t see asphalt.
Unfortunately, there aren’t a lot of markers. You kinda have to navigate yourself well. I ended up at the side of the road cos I followed a mountain bike trail and i thought there would be another in. I just walked on the side of the road until I got back to the car which worked out cos it was a mile and it was hot.
Will be going back and finishing what I had started.

Really great trails, from winding up and down trails on the bluff to scenic walk down by the White River. My new favorite place to hike on the west side of town. But definitely built with bikes in mind. Some horse trails too. There's more than just the loop that is shown on this app. A couple seem to follow the river to parts unknown. So get a map or GPS. Go out and explore!

Great location had a great time with the pup. Trails not marked clearly but you won't have a difficult time finding yourself. Will definitely be going back.

Sunday, July 09, 2017

Fun ride

Monday, April 17, 2017

Ride here almost every weekend always have a blast and still feel challenged. Great for beginners and thoughs who like wall turns.

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Lots of mud in low spots by river. Wish I'd had a camera as plants and flowers are beginning to bloom. Must be a beautiful place when leaves are up. Will definitely hike again.

Saturday, April 08, 2017

great trails and challeging pathways

Sunday, April 02, 2017

Check your seasons before you go, I went when it was spring. It was mostly mud and under water.

Monday, March 06, 2017

fun trails to hike or mountain bike on! can get busy some days. they are well maintained and marked!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Good Trails for a place close to the city. I was very pleased with my visit.

Saturday, November 05, 2016

An "ok" city trail, meaning it just feels like you're walking in someone's wooded neighborhood. You'll often see (and hear) people who are loud and rowdy and that just reminds you that you are right in the middle of a big city.

Monday, October 31, 2016

My favorite!!!!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Every time I go here, I see something different. There are many trails here. So you can make it as long or short as you like. There are more bikers than hikers. So be careful. Horses are also on the trails. Watch your step!

Sunday, August 07, 2016

Very pretty trails. Not many people around when we went on the weekend. Occasional biker dude who almost runs you over around a bend. A little flatter than I was expecting so not very hard. But still loved the experience.

Saturday, August 06, 2016

Good starting and experienced trails I brought my 10 year old nephew and he loved it there are some jumps but on the bigger trails I love it there

Monday, July 25, 2016

This place is awesome. There are always a ton of fellow mountain bikers on the trails, pushing me to go harder and faster trying to keep up with the pro's. lots of downhill as well as climbing. Don't fall off the ridge to the river! great jumps and fast downhills from the middle starting point. lots of variety for all skill levels. Can go around different paths for hours and you choose the path.did I mention free

Friday, July 01, 2016

Unbelievable that this strong of a hiking trail is this close to Indianapolis. It was an experience close to Brown county but only 15 minutes away as opposed to an hour and 15 minutes away. I was hiking with my dog. There's lots of mountain bikers. But they were very courteous and polite no issues at all.

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

gorgeous day for my dog & me!